1,287 results
All reviews matisse restaurant carol lynn subway station the concierge lounge valet parking room service front desk staff valet service the royal ontario museum self park convenient location hotel lobby bed was very comfortable per day business trip bit dated location is excellent
Reviewed 23 October 2018

I was looking for a hotel close to U of T. This was perfect. It is a 10 minute walk to U of T from this hotel. Check in was easy. My room was clean. Bed is good. The only thing I can complain about as this is the 2nd Marriot hotel I have stayed at this year are the towels. I hate rough towels. Also, I think they can provide free water like some other hotels of the same calibre instead of charging 3$ for a water. Gym is small but functional. Otherwise a nice hotel at a reasonable price for 1 night in a great area in Yorkville.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2018

Great location and staff. Busy hotel with lots to do in the area. Dining options in the area are excellent (Buca a few blocks away). Enjoy great museums, university a few blocks away. Mall next door has lots and shopping is good especially if weather is bad. Bar has good options.

Reviewed 21 October 2018

Starting with when we arrived, Emmanuel the valet was very courteous. Ladies at front desk were kind and helpful. With Marriott rewards you get free WiFi otherwise it is $13. seems a little steep as most places offer it for free to everyone. Room was spacious and well furnished, bed was very comfortable. Nice bathroom and toiletries. Didn't get everyone's name but the valet that took my husband to the car to start packing it back up and also got our car was very nice and polite. Would definitely stay again. Lots of high ending shops and restaurants on blood st. Gave a rating of 4 because of WiFi.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Travelling in the modern era often becomes a degrading experience in which law-abiding citizens are treated like hardened criminals. We all need a refuge after being lined up, interrogated by the guards, herded like cattle and squeezed into claustrophobic metal tubes. Over the years The Marriott Bloor Yorkville has been a sanctuary for my wife and I through more airline mishaps than we care to remember. The location within walking distance to anything anyone could possibly need to purchase or want to do is a major advantage. However it is the incredible staff that raises the bar for excellence to such a level that other hotels pale in contrast. Guests are treated with such personal warmth and efficient service that the goons on airport security (Canada has the worst in the world) and discomfort on the planes ( again, Canada’s are the worst in the world) become a distant memory. Cares fade away when Silva and Ali gracefully take your luggage, the legendary Carol – Lynn checks you in so kindly and the always reassuring Tenisha flashes a welcoming smile. No need to leave for delicious food, a fine drink and superb service – nobody could surpass Fahima, Rashid and Jeff. The atmosphere created by these hospitality superstars is evident in every interaction with every staff member whether you’re on the curb, in the lobby, the elevator, the hallway, the restaurant, the lounge or your spacious room – always cleaned immaculately by the most accommodating housekeeping staff on the planet. Our compliments to the lovely lady who cleaned our room last time and our apologies for not getting her name nor the names of so many other staff members whom we met briefly during our most recent stay. It was a pleasure meeting the amazing Christabelle who checked us in so considerately and Nawin who treated us so courteously in the lounge. When we were leaving we had the ultimate “small world” experience discovering that Tasik who so skillfully arranged our comfortable departure had recently started working at the Marriott after having worked for seventeen years at the same hotel we had just left in Greece. The staff certainly has an uncanny way of providing unforgettable memories! Please extend our deepest appreciation and most sincere commendations to all. We look forward to returning soon, as always.

Room tip: Near elevator, renovated room.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

I pulled up late at night, and the staff were very kind at the front desk. I asked about food and they gave great options. Excellent location. Room was quiet and clean. And it had great toiletries - I always use my own but opted to use the ones supplied and not even unziplock mine (except my lotion of course). I was readily granted a late checkout so i could leave my gear in my room until after my appointment. And it was quieter than anticipated for Center of a large city. Great stop. Better than expected.

Date of stay: September 2018