New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Chelsea Hotel, Toronto

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #59 of 131 Hotels in Toronto
atlanta
“Vey nice hotel in beautiful city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed at Delta Chelsea Hotel for a nice weekend with my 21 year old son. Accomodations were clean and nice, great view from the Balcony. Joan at conceirge desk was very helpful with suggestions and maps of how to get to places. City tour from Hotel was nice. Great location in Downtown Toronto. Food was also good at hotel. Would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Lots of construction in Toronto, try to get a side away from construction. We did, and had no probl...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank krellres
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear krellres,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you have a nice weekend with us and found the accommodations clean with the great view. I am also pleased to hear about the service you have received from Joan at the Concierge Desk, and were able to enjoy a city tour. I am happy that you would stay with us again and we are looking forward to it soon.

Guest Experience Specialist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,078)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Delta is a popular spot, great location, in the heart of downtown Toronto etc... But it is now time, for them to start refreshing up the property. rooms are tired, lobby and restaurants needs upgrade. If you can get a good deal, it's a good value for downtown Toronto. Parking is a mess, and if you're not familiar with the area, may be confusing or overhelming. I am from the area but sometime rent a room for the night when I have things to do downtown, and don't feel like doing a round trip commute of over 2 hours. week-ends can be busy with students group, party crowd or big convention.

Room Tip: high floor facing south
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear tiatatravelagent,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am pleased that you spend some nights with us from time to time, and glad that you enjoy it. I am sorry to hear that the room was not up to your standards, however we have recently renovated our rooms on the lower floors, and we are in the process of scheduling renovations for the other floors.

We hope to welcome you back.

Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

First and foremost I want to thank Taylor, the night manager, for going above and beyond the call of duty helping me out with some things accidentally left behind. Taylor handled the situation putting the hotel guest first. Very respectful and honourable. I will stay there again, there is no question!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Darren G
Dear Darren G,

Thank you for taking the time to post the review.

I am very happy to hear about your recent stay and the service you have received from Taylor. I am very proud of our team, and especially Taylor, for making a difference with your experience at our hotel. I have enjoyed reading your positive feedback and I'm sure others would too.

We are looking forward to your next stay.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I can't say this hotel was really memorable. But really, the fantastic location allowed us to spend a lot of time enjoying downtown toronto, so time in the hotel was limited. We stayed on a busy Friday night and parked our car in their parking lot below. We got a good deal on the room but parking fees (almost $30 CD) and Internet fees for the room ($14 CD) made it more expensive. Considering the location - walking distance from pretty much anything you'll want to do in the city center - it was worth it. The room was small. Two queen beds for 3 adults and limited room for anything else. The decor was antiquated but everything worked and seemed clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't eat there since, again, we were walking distance from some great sights and restaurants! This seemed like the place to go for families with kids since they have lots of pools and even water slides (which we did not visit). If you are okay with staying in a busy hotel within a busy city center, then this hotel will suit your needs! If you park in their garage, make sure you follow the signs to the elevators because you will not find stairs or an easy exit otherwise.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank jjbalck
Dear jjbalck,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

I was glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you had great service from our team members and found the location convenient for your daily activities. Though the lobby and the hotel could get quite busy, we have a dedicated team members who work hard to maintain proper service and seem to manage it well. To refer to your concern regarding our Internet service fees, in the near future the fee will be included with the rate which I understand will be easier for our guests. And we always have packages that allow for parking to be included in the rate.

I hope this information helps and we will welcome you back soon.

Midland, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I took my two daughters to the Delta Chelsea for an overnight trip during march break. It was our highlight of the march break. They had so much fun. Never a dull moment. They had activities galore!! The family fear factor challenge was a blast. They loved the corkscrew waterslide. We spent quite a few hours in the craft room which had everything from painting, crafts, nintendo wii, a play kitchen, etc. They had movies playing all day and all you can eat free popcorn and iced tea in the afternoon. The staff were all very nice and friendly. I had arrived early and they gladly gave me a room early. Because I was early and took any room, our room was facing some construction so I did have to fall asleep to some trucks beeping. It didn't last long though because we were so tired from all the swimming and activities. The buffet in the morning was very good and had plenty of choices to eat. I have stayed at the Delta Chelsea before and I would defintely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask about construction before choosing a room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 4canadianeh
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear 4canadianeh,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent experience.

I was very happy to hear that you and your two daughters have enjoyed the stay and the activities during March Break at the Chelsea. It great to hear such feedback, I am also pleased that you have enjoyed the swimming pool and the buffet offered during the week.

We do hope to welcome you back for another relaxing stay.