2,230 results
All reviews music videos citrus restaurant rooftop terrace hot tub on the roof eaton centre jarvis street breakfast buffet indoor pool homeless people home fries small kitchenette two bedroom suite st lawrence market the sofa bed sitting area shuttle service yogurt
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have never written a negative review before, but this was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. I don't stay in nice places and I'm not super picky, but I can't believe all the positive reviews. First, it's in a SKETCHY area. REALLY sketchy. I'm used to bad areas, but we have been watching drug deals, etc, out the window. When we checked in the staff was extremely rude, and when we got to our room there were huge, blood-looking stains on the curtains. The room is small and outdated, and you can barely fit in the bathroom. The pool was broken, and only one of the supposed roof-top jacuzzis was working; the other was disgusting. Everything in the fitness room is broken and dirty. I'll wait our two days out and give it a chance, but I am ready to leave.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura S
Greg E, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Laura S,

Thank you kindly for your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Toronto. We very much appreciate you taking the time to leave a review as your feedback is very important to us. We will be sharing your comments with our Managers to see how we can make improvements.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

the staff told us that many many year ago this hotel used to be the headquarters for the Royal Mounted Police, and has been beautifully decorated as a hotel. So not only does it has incredible history, it also has an accommodating staff, lovely restaurant with a generous breakfast included with your stay, incredible indoor pool AND a rooftop hot tub. We really enjoyed the food and atmosphere of the Citrus bar downstairs, the quiet clean and nicely decorated rooms and the staff.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ssuanneh

Dear Ssuanneh,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. With all of the options, our complimentary breakfast buffet is great way to start the day. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed at the Grand for one night in February. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was amazing and I was glad it was a buffet style because I went back for seconds. Too bad I did not have time to enjoy the pool. The staff was really nice and I noticed they had a free driver and car to take you to certain places. It would have been nicer if they told us about the car and driver when we checked in so we could use that service since it was raining the day we checked out. We would definitely stay at the hotel again but only when we can get the hotel at less than $200 per night.

Room Tip: pick a room on the high floor not facing Jarvis street for quieter room
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Seto530,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities included with your stay. We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I always use TripAdvisor for our hotel selection and seeing this highly rated hotel, we booked it. WHAT A MISTAKE!! I expect a lot more for an average franchise chain hotel, never mind one that has a TripAdvisor certificate of excellence. I truly have no idea how people think that this hotel is great. If they spend more money and attention to maintenance, they may be able to recover.

Good:
- Staff was friendly, especially in the restaurant.
- Nice and large pool (not sure how clean the water was though)
- A pretty good breakfast buffet included

Bad:
- In a very sketchy neighbourhood. I would not feel safe walking by myself or sending my teenage kids outside on their own.
- Very old and run down. Not well maintained at all. We arrived in a room with full of hair on the hot tub wall - gross! Overall cleanliness of the room was very poor.
- TV is very old, small, and did not function properly - no sound on some channels, the remote control did not work well, etc.
- Bathroom is very small and the vanity was tiny! I could not put out all the toiletry items on it.
- Plumbing fixtures were all SUPER OLD and hard to use.
- (By the way, we ended up asking to change a room)
- Speaking of gross, we were going to try out the roof top hot tub (sounds great, right?) and turned around when we saw a "hair & scum soup" in the both of the two tubs!
- Beds were very uncomfortable and sheets were old. I could see and feel the fuzz balls on them.
- Underground parking is expensive ($22/day) and very hard to get in/out (narrow and tight corners)
- We were there for a week and saw the EXACT same breakfast buffet, even the kind of fruits every day.

Room Tip: Don't get 1802. Noisy people going in/out of the elevator especially for the roof top. The room was smaller than the others.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JapAnada

Dear JapAnada,

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Just spent a week in the grand hotel. Rooms were spotless and large. Breakfast was fabulous. But most of all the staff were fantastic could not do enough for you, and a special mention for Kristen in the bar, hope I spelt her name right she really made our stay special.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rouffedale

Dear Rouffedale,

We appreciate you taking your time to leave a review. We aspire to continually be the home you seek when yours is miles away. We hope to welcome you in the future.

Thanks,