1,006 results
All reviewsattached mallsubway stationyonge streetbreakfast buffetexecutive roomrestaurant staffconvenient locationbusiness tripunderground parkingcoffee makermini fridgelate checkdowntownloblawssupermarketlcbotheatre
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel has modern style rooms that are comfortable. Our room was quiet equipped with a small fridge that is handy to pur your refreshments in. Access to the TTC makes this a smart choice for teavelers. Are you traveling with a vehicle? The underground parking garage makes it easy to leave your vehicle and take public transit. We strongly xaution that you measure the height of your cehicle ahead of time. Clearance is 6'1" maximum. Meaning a standard f150 without lift or larger tires will barely clear the low celings. Providing you drive very slowly!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Novotel Toronto North York, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thanks for your feedback, glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Good observation about the car park, and it is a tight 6ft 1 inch, so please be alert if you are driving a truck, good news is I have had only one issue in the past 10 years, we had to let some air out of the tires.
or if you are arriving via subway, we have a direct link inside the office towers.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The man at the desk who greeted us was quick and very friendly. Our girls got a little gift bag on arrival and the place was very inviting upon first glance. Our room looked new and updated. Beds are comfy and room was clean. Complimentary water bottles in room. Breakfast staff were friendly and very helpful. The mini mall and connecting underground subway and facilities was amazing!!! Pleasantly pleased!
* Bed and bedding could use updating. Proper, real duvets would make a big a difference. Shower use was complicated. Elderly guests would find it very hard to use I bet.

Otherwise —Well done!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather P

Thanks for your feedback, not sure i understand the comment about real duvets? All rooms have a European style duvet and cover, all washed after a guest departs.
However glad the family enjoyed their stay with us, thank you again,

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Walls in the Novotell are tissue-thin. I could hear at least seven neighbours, on my floor and above me, as they went about their evenings. We may as well have all been in the same room - yes, with an open bathroom stall in the same room. My business partner and I both ordered room service, different foods at different times, and both felt toxic for a good five hours afterwards. The heat controls didn't work in my room, a fact I didn't realize until about 230 am when I was freezing. The beds were incredibly uncomfortable; the floor may have been a better place to sleep. The face cloths had an overpowering smell of vinegar - fine to wash them in, but rinse cycle should have been much better. And the 6:15 wakeup call that I never requested was just the topper on an ugly night.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Phil C

Oh Dear, I really hope you shared your experiences with the team before you left, this is the type of feedback we need to hear and act upon. Just not acceptable, I will share with the team.
Regards, Michael

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I was in Toronto for a business meeting and got stuck at a bad hotel. The Novotel Toronto North York was sold out but I was able to speak with Kamran who got me a room and was kind enough to compensate my parking. I am very grateful for his help and kindness.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Thanks for mentioning Kamran, a new but very important member of the team, who has also been nominated in the City Of Toronto Spirit Awards, recognizing great team members in Hospitality.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Wouldn't work with me on canceling my reservation due to a storm that canceled my trip. Have never stayed here and after this, I never will.

What a piece of work this group is. Arrogant, rude, and unfriendly, even after escalating the issue to management.

I will continue to promote and stay at Marriott properties. Their customer service is polite, courteous, and willing to work with people.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. Cancellation charges are a big debate among many hotels at the moment and usually surface whenever there is a storm, after all it can be a big loss of revenue for the hotel, i always encourage guests to take out travel insurance wherever possible.