New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #15 of 131 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Sporty Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Ideal for sports enthusiasts! planned a weekend away for my boyfriends birthday and came across a deal on hotels.ca for the Hyatt. I usually stay at average places but for whatever reason the Hyatt had a deal going on this particular weekend.

Service, parking, cleanliness, staff were all fantastic. The room was spacious and had a great view of the city. We checked out a few pubs down the street, based on the recommendation of a friendly customer service rep at the front desk, and had dinner at Gretzky's.

The bar staff on the first floor were friendly and having a starbucks right by the lobby first thing in the morning doesn't hurt either! :)

The hotel is located in the heart of Toronto so plenty to see and do. Certainly a place I would recommend to others, especially to those who are coming into town for a sporting event. Very close and convenient to the arenas and other sporting venues.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your Hyatt experience was received. I have shared the details noted with our sister-property on King Street and they are delighted that your experience with them was a pleasant one.

When your travels take you back to the city, we will be delighted to welcome you both to either of our two Toronto properties. PS: At this time I would also like to extend belated birthday wishes to your boyfriend...may your next reason to celebrate be at a Hyatt hotel.

Park Hyatt Toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012 via mobile

Parents stayed here last year for my sister's wedding in a terrific suite. This time just a "normal" room for me, but an unbeatable view of the skyline (CN Tower, ROM and all) from the 16th floor. Service impeccably polite everywhere, from front desk to restaurant to concierge. Free and speedy Internet, daily Globe and Mail, and nice to have Yorkville across the street for shopping and food. Can't think of anything they should be doing better. I don't know what the room cost, but possibly the best hotel I've stayed in for business in the last year.

Stayed April 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are honoured to know that an experience at our property will forever be a part of such a special time for your family. Thank you for your kind words which have been shared with our entire team.

Whenever your travels bring you back to Yorkville, please know that we look forward to welcoming you once again.

Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Check-in: March 29, 2012
Check-out: March 30, 2012
Type of Visit: Business

A co-worker and I recently stayed overnight at the Park Hyatt for a conference.
The hotel is lovely and possibly in my not-so-well-travelled self, very posh and high-class feeling.

We booked our rooms through their website using our conference code. And in light of our transportation times, for an additional $29 each, we added early check-in and late check-out. The only issue I had with this was that when you add the additional options, it doesn’t actually confirm that your request is honored until you check-in. I figured it was because we were booking pretty early, so the day before our conference, I called ahead to the hotel to confirm that we were granted the requests only to be told that we would find out when we check-in. Not exactly what I wanted to hear since I didn’t want to find out while I was trying to check-in that I had nowhere to put my bags and luggage prior to heading into the conference since I don’t associate a professional, prepared look with lugging suitcases and jackets and bags into a conference room and leaving them by my chair. However, while these thoughts did flit through my mind, it wasn’t a really big deal and upon check-in, we were given our room keys right away, though I forgot to double-check about the late-checkout and it wasn’t mentioned by either front-desk staff. I called later on that evening to confirm and were told that we were able to check-out later. Regular check-out: 12:00 pm, late check-out: 4:00 pm.

Anywho, I jumped ahead of myself here, I think. I was a little distracted taking care of the cab fare, but we were greeted by a hotel staff member/valet who asked our names so that once we reached the front desk, we were greeted by the desk clerk/concierge(?) by name, which was a surprise but a nice touch. The rest of check-in was easy enough and my earlier E-Mail request to be on the same floor as my co-worker was honoured, no problem though our rooms were on the opposite ends of the floor (floor 15, the topmost floor in the South Tower). The only other thing that was observable to me was that, though I booked our rooms at the same time and paid the same rate, our rooms were very different, with her room being significantly smaller than mine (1535). She was in room 1524 which is in the corner of the North Tower across from the stairwell (anyone watch CSI to know this room location?). I’m assuming that the corner of the floor location contributed to the small room area. As soon as you walk in, the bathroom is to the left and then there is room for the king bed, a bedside table and a desk and that’s pretty much it. Whereupon my room was almost the same layout, but the area with the king bed had a LOT more room. Big enough to put in another king sized bed. My co-worker had nothing to complain about, but it was definitely an observable difference.

Rooms are lovely and the entire hotel seems to like their floor-to-ceiling mirrors as they appeared in a lot of places (ie. An entire wall of the bathroom – beside the toilet – was entirely mirrored). Marbled surfaces and I’m unsure what previous advisors mean when they say that the rooms need updating. I have definitely seen rooms that need updating and this was not a thought that occurred to me while staying in my room. The room is complete with flat screen TV, there is a safe (I did not use, so unfortunately, I don’t have any information regarding this), internet cable on the desk (internet connection as well as wi-fi was free at the Park Hyatt), a phone in the bathroom, bedside and a cordless phone on the desk, as well as an iPod docking station/alarm clock on the bedside table. All the lamps are manual, meaning that at bedtime, instead of switching off one switch by the bed, you actually have to click off each lamp that’s on. Neither here nor there, just another observation – didn’t detract from my stay at all. Upon check-in, they asked if I wanted the key to the minibar which I declined, but the menu was handily available and things like cashews and a small tube of chocolate covered almonds are $12 each – the rest of the minibar prices are in the provided photo.

Robes and slippers are provided as well as a hairdryer, the usual amenities provided by hotels (shampoo, conditioner, soap, shower cap), shoe shine kit and iron and board. I know this may be just a nothing detail, but I was impressed that the shower mat provided was an actual shower mat and not just a small, thinner towel to lay on the floor. I like little details, I guess! 
While I was in the room, a staff member knocked to ask if I wanted any bottles of water and ice, which I declined. Next day prior we checked out, another staff member knocked and asked if I needed anything refilled with the items that were not locked up in the mini bar, which I also declined. Each door has a hook which I noticed had a newspaper hanging in a bag.

All our conference meals, snacks and refreshments were provided by the hotel and everything was wonderful. Absolutely nothing but great things to say about the food or presentation. Everything was hot and delicious. Possibly due to the nature of our conference, each meal and snack was themed to a different culture, one lunch was Greek themed and one snack had a ‘taste of chocolate’ theme. Our dinner was hosted in the mezzanine of the hotel just off the reception desk. Dinner was fantastic and the staff here at dinner and throughout the whole conference overall were friendly and impeccable. I don’t believe that I had an empty plate in front of me for more than a minute or so.

After dinner, we explored further. The hotel, from what we were able to discover in our short time there has three sets of elevators. The North Tower leads to rooms only. The elevator to the left of the concierge desk only goes to three floors (the mezzanine, the lobby and the gym/spa) and the elevators on the south floor lead to more rooms as well as to the roof lounge which was a bit of a surprise if not letdown, considering I had a different idea of what it would be like. It’s basically a small-ish room that is on the top floor of the South Tower and not on the roof at all – everything’s enclosed, unless there was an area that led out to the room and I missed it? It was very dark and very packed so we did not go in or have a seat.
In terms of the conference area itself, it was a bit awkward in layout for a conference. The hotel seems to be made for conferences as the main floor had about 2 or 3 ballrooms/conference rooms. Our conference room was on the “meeting room” floor which had 3 or 4 rooms that were each holding conferences. Our room was long and narrow with two columns in the centre. I say that it was awkward because it was so long and with the columns, I could barely see the other conference attendees on the other side and it seemed difficult for the speaker to communicate with the entire room as she had to actually turn her entire body to address one side of the room or the other. Sound system was also not very loud, though I’m not entirely sure if that was how it was supposed to be or if the presenters/sound testers just did not turn the volume up enough.

We were well-taken care of and attended to during the entire conference and for the duration of our stay and I had a great time and enjoyed myself as a guest at the Park Hyatt. Check-out was quick though the front-desk person seemed quite brisk and short compared to our check-in though I’d also like to think of it more as quickly, efficient. Though if it wasn’t for this conference, I doubt I would ever have been able to stay here – ever, at $349 best available rate or $275 advance payment rate per night. So if you have an opportunity to attend a conference here or get a good deal/package or don’t really bat an eyelash at rates like this, I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is also right across the street from the ROM and though I didn’t have time to look, I was told that it is in a perfect location for the shopping areas on Bloor. Have a great stay!

Room Tip: Corner rooms seem to be the smaller of any other rooms on the floors
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent conference, and for taking the time to share the details surrounding your experience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and well received.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the in-room amenities and overall experience while at our hotel. We strive to be attentive to the little details that may at times go unnoticed - but we are pleased to read that the choice of our shower mat impacted your experience with us.

It also means a great deal to us when our guests enjoy our food and beverage selections whether in our restaurant or at an event on property. I have shared your feedback with our Executive Chef and her team, and we are pleased to hear that the food and service exceeded your expectations.

The opportunities you noted concerning the layout of the conference room and sound system have been shared, and we do apologise for the inconveniences you experienced during the conference. Our Meeting Concierge and audio-visual department are our quick responders to these requests, and I will further investigate the details shared.

I agree that our Roof Lounge on the 18th floor can be a popular place to unwind, but I was saddened to hear that you were unable to experience it for yourself due to business levels. The view of the city from the patio is breathtaking, and if your travels bring you back to the city please let me know and I will ensure that you are able to experience it.

Once again, thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us.

Southern Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed here March 24 and were upgraded to a corner room. I find that there was a great attention to detail throughout the hotel. Our room was spacious and the bathroom and amenities were well appointed. The roof top bar has a very nice ambiance although the cocktails were quite pricy. We also tried breakfast at the Anona (?) restaurant which was delicious. Finally, I had the opportunity to visit the spa for a swedish massage which was fantastic. I would definitely return for another visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cinamongirl03
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and had an opportunity to experience a Swedish Massage at Stillwater Spa. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit to Yorkville.

Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

stayed at the hyatt this past week for three nights. rooms are not inspiring. ice machines are locked up so you need to call staff to get ice for you. very inconvenient. parking is valet only which i don't like. fortunately there is plenty of parking within a half block of the hotel. the location, however, is ideal: close to yorkville/bloor street shopping, royal ontario museum, royal conservatory of music and parliament bldgs just down the street, university of toronto just minutes away. bathrooms are small but nicely appointed. i found the on-off sensor switch in the closet a real annoyance. and the room safe was awkward to set; i didn't use it since i didn't trust it. they did have my request for non-feather pillows and a location away from the elevators correct. thank you.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We appreciate your feedback – thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

I was pleased to hear that your pillow preference was honoured and your room was away from the elevator. Your thoughts expressed regarding valet parking and other opportunities noted have been shared with my team.

During recent months we have refreshed all of our guestrooms as well as our spa facility and we look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit and sharing them with you.