3 people are viewing this hotel
USD 197
Free cancellation until 30/01/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
USD 197
FindHotel
USD 164
Hotels.comUSD 197
Booking.comUSD 197
TravelocityUSD 197
3,263 results
All reviews cn tower union station azure restaurant rogers centre ripley's aquarium the club lounge mini bar city view high floor late check convention concierge ihg valet waterfront skydome path
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 November 2021 via mobile

The hotel was in the midst of a power outage when we arrived on Friday 5th November. The staff could not have been more accommodating and helpful. Checking luggage into storage quickly and efficiently. Staff were handing out bottles of water to those waiting in the lobby for word as to when systems would be up and running again. They did a great job! They also handed out free buffet breakfast vouchers too. Seriously could not have done more. Rooms clean, great views and a very nice restaurant/bar in the lobby. We will most definitely stay again.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
InterContinental Toronto Centre an IHG Property, Revenue Management at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good Morning 947julesj,

Thank you so much for choosing The Intercontinental Toronto Centre for your recent stay.

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your full experience with us for the most part.

We are absolutely planning for renovations in the coming year.

Reviewed 27 October 2021

I have previously had excellent stays when visiting Toronto at the Intercontinental Yorkville, but as that Hotel is no longer an IC branded hotel, I gave the Intercontinental Toronto Centre a try. Not really a comparison. This hotel is dated and does not seem very well organised. First impressions count, long wait to check in as only one receptionist on duty, eventually a second member of staff appeared who through his helpful attitude did reverse some of the negative perception, thank you Jorge.

Bedrooms and public areas are dated. I am told that the club floors have renovated rooms but as the club lounge is closed (of course Covid gets the blame) they are not using the renovated rooms for guests. So, I guess they don't want to show themselves at their best. That said, my room although tired, was comfortable and came with a good view from a high floor. Housekeeping was good.

Small things show lack of good management, for example having to produce ID and Covid vaccination status every time that you want to enter the restaurant or bar. Why not just once on check in and that being noted against your registration, so no need for multiple checks. Platinum Ambassador status not fully recognised, no dedicated check in (yes, due to Covid), no bottled water in the room etc.

Bar and restaurant lack any atmosphere as pretty much an extension of the large lobby area and closed for some of my stay. Menu is limited and Breakfast itself was poor for this standard of hotel. Staff overall indifferent and seemed disheartened.

Overall, nothing very bad but nothing particularly good to encourage a return visit.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank OleDunk
Balinder Anand, Guest Services / Front Office at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2021

Dear OleDunk,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent experience with us. I was troubled to learn that your experience fell below your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies for the service that you received from our team. I would be delighted to discuss your concerns further, as well as have the opportunity to regain your loyalty. At your convenience, I would appreciate the opportunity to get more information via email at puneet.sharma6@ihg.com.

I do hope that this experience will not deter you from staying with us again in the future and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Puneet Sharma
Manager in Training- Room Division

Reviewed 21 October 2021 via mobile

We stayed here for six nights after relaxation in Covid rules for UK travellers; it was our first overseas trip since the start of the pandemic.
It was good to get away and this property didn’t let us down.
Check-in was swift and welcoming. The dual-aspect room was great. Although no view of the CN tower or lake, we could see the city and the reflection of the tower in the nearby buildings. The room was large, and importantly clean. It was serviced each day. The coffee making machine was well stocked; there were no cutbacks despite Covid. That said, there were plenty of Covid safety measures throughout the hotel; masks needed to be worn in public indoor areas and there were plenty of hand sanitizer stations throughout the property. I felt safe here. All the staff were came into contact with were extremely friendly and welcoming. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will return. The location is ideal for the lakefront and the city sights. There are plenty of restaurants nearby.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Good Morning nickss1,

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your full experience with us.

We are absolutely planning for renovations in the coming year.

Reviewed 20 October 2021 via mobile

This hotel is located just a few minutes walk from union station which is very convenient. It is in a slightly quieter area of Toronto but at the same time right by the CN tower and Ripleys aquarium. If you ever get lost, just head towards the CN tower and you will get back to the hotel.

The hotel clearly take covid seriously, there are plenty of hand sanitizer stations everywhere, our room was cleaned very well every day. Always had a good nights sleep on the bed.

The pool and hot tub are great and operate on a first come basis, which was no issue because it seemed quiet at this time. You get bath robes and slippers in your room. You also get a Keurig machine and the capsules are restocked every day. The room also has a mini bar, we didn’t use it (as with every hotel mini bar, it’s expensive) but convenient just in case.

The restaurant and bar is currently only open Thursday-Sunday and offers a small amount of food options currently, but ok if you don’t want to leave your room (with room room service) or the hotel.

We would definitely choose to stay here again if we are in Toronto.

Room tip: Parking is an issue here as the parking the hotel offers has no in or out privileges and is quite steep in price.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good Morning yangbumm,

Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

Now that the Yorkville IC is gone, this hotel became the only IC in Toronto. I have heard mixed opinions from my friends and colleagues who are also Ambassadors/RAs but I decided to try it out for myself on my last trip for the sake of trying it.

The arrival experience was a mixed bag - the front desk was fully staffed and the check-in process was smooth and efficient. I had no problem requesting for a different bed type, though I was not sure why my 1 King booked became 2 Queen to begin with. My experience with the gentleman at the door downstairs on the other hand wasn’t as smooth. He was not very helpful, or in a way quite blunt and short, when I asked for directions. He did not have any interest in helping with bags either - I was travelling solo with two suitcases. I understand valet was not available, so why bother putting someone downstairs at the door when all they do is to stand there and look pretty?

The room itself was modern and clean, my corner room had a great view of the CBD and CN Tower. Bathroom was on the smaller side, but apart from that I had nothing to complain about. A minor thing though - there was a page outlining my “executive benefits” even though I knew I wasn’t eligible. Seems like an IHG thing, but I can only imagine how confusing it can get for non-frequent travellers - easily fixed if the information is delivered by the front desk like most other hotels.

I decided to try out the restaurant in the morning and was disappointed. When I completed the online check in to the restaurant, apparently there was a menu available on the page which my host didn’t mention. When I sat down, I was greeted by my server with “what can I get for you” and she appeared very surprised that I wasn’t ready to order yet since I haven’t seen the menu even. She then reluctantly pulled out a cheaply printer paper menu. She came by at least two times in three minutes asking if I’m ready yet. I felt like I was being rushed which was frustrating considering the restaurant was not busy. Food quality was mediocre at best with the only highlight being the mozzarella ball. I did not see my server again until I asked for my bill.

My final verdict is 4/5 although I’m really tempted to give a 3 - the hard product here is great and deserves a 5. The restaurant was a real letdown though, and almost overshadowed all the good things the hotel had to offer. Even with an F&B credit included in my ambassador benefits, I will not be interested in dining here again even if I revisit the hotel in the future.

Trip type: Travelled on business