“Small in room size, big on service and location.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #40 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto
“Small in room size, big on service and location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Stayed here on a weeknight in a standard queen room to attend a concert just down the street (200m) at the Sony Centre.

Reservations: Called directly and received a better rate than posted online and when I mentioned we were seeing a concert, was just directed to show my tickets at check-in for an additional 10% off the rate!

Check in- No hotel parking, that was fine. We parked at an outside parking lot at Sherbourne and Front Street. $5 overnight until at 6am. (we left at 8 and it wasn't a problem) Its a 10 minute walk, but it's $5 parking downtown and we each only had a small overnight bag. Check in was fine, very friendly and professional staff, and it only took a few minutes.

Room- We were in 206 (I think). The room was small, which I expected, spotless and the bed was comfy with great linen. The bathroom was fine and had everything we needed. Hot water came immediately and the towels were nice and fluffy. Although there were only two. I'm sure getting more would have been only a phone call to the desk away. There was no view, I didn't really care. This might bother some people. Good quality sleep, we heard no street noise or noises from other guests.

Location- Awesome! Right in the middle of everything. Close to numerous dinner choices, and the concert theatre we were attending. I picked this hotel for this very reason. It's also close to the ACC, the subway, CN Tower, Queens Quay and Eaton Centre.

Price- Not too bad, 120 with tax after the discount. IS it worth this much? I wish I could have gotten a better deal, and would have been happier if I had. So I don't think so.

Overall- Reading the reviews you should be able to determine that its a small hotel that is doing its best right smack in the center of downtown Toronto. Would I stay again? Most definitely, if I were attending another concert close by. If I could get the same price on priceline et al for a 4 or 5 star? Obviously not.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure that there are no views to be had in this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Hi travelbugcheri

What an extensive review.....many thanks for the informative review. I am thrilled to see that from reservation all the way through we ticked all the right boxes!
We are glad the booking process with seamless as was the check in, rooms and price, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future....Like us on Facebook for special offers and promotions.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Korean first
Fort Erie, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Victoria with my daughter and her friends for my daughter's 16th birthday. The location is great, just one block from King St. subway station or a short walk to Union Station. The lobby is bright and beautifully decorated. Check-in was fast and efficient. We were placed on the 3rd floor. The girls had a lovely delux twin Queen room with a view of Yonge St. and I had a standard Queen room across the hall with a courtyard view. Both rooms were very tastefully decorated. The beds were super comfortable. The standard room was a bit small, but it was so pretty and comfortable it didn't matter. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful, even when we forgot to turn our clocks ahead and missed check out time it was no problem. There is a nice restaurant for breakfast next door. We really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely keep it in mind for future stays in Toronto.

Room Tip: Street side has view but can be noisey.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amyjess
Hi Amyjess.....

Thank you so much for including us on your Daughters very special Birthday, ah to be 16 again! We get a lot of very positive reviews about the ambiance and decor of the room as well as the lobby. We would love to have you back, any more special occasions on the horizon? Let us know and we'll be more than happy to look after you again!!!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Victoria for 3 nights in February in a Deluxe King Room. We were really surprised at the comfort and spaciousness of the room considering the price. The building itself is historic, however the rooms have been recently renovated and are clean and tastefully decorated. The bed was very comfortable, and there was barely any audible street noise. We were staying in the room right next to the elevator however, and that was a little noisy so would recommend light sleepers to ask to stay away from this room.

Staff were incredibly friendly, and the hotel itself is in such a great location within walking distance to lots of shops and restaurants. We recommend a visit to the Beer Bistro just around the corner on King Street East.

Thanks to all at Hotel Victoria – we had a great stay and would highly recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeteandSiobhan
Hi PeteandSiobham.......It is always great to see that guests are pleasantly surprised about their stay. Our renovations last year have been a great success, so many guests love the re designed look. Is is wonderful to hear that you found our staff incredibly friendly and helpful.

We look forward to seeing you back with us soon.....
Orono, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I can't believe I never knew about this hotel before. After spending years staying at big chain hotels this place is a breath of fresh air. It is a small boutique style hotel, in a prime location with reasonable rates. The rooms are small but well planned out and styled beautifully. The staff are pleasant and more than willing to help with anything you need. I stayed for 2 nites. It is walking distance from union station and lots of attractions and good restaurants. If you drive stay at the parking garage at Church and Esplanade just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. There is also a restaurant on site with great food and good prices. This is my new "go to" place in Toronto from now on!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MitchB62
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I spent four nights at this hotel in two different rooms. It has been recently renovated and although the quality of the materials doesn't seem great (particularly in the lobby) the rooms are really nice. My only complaint is that the heating / AC system is a bit odd: our first room was quite cold and there was no way to stop the cool "breeze". Breakfast was not included but they have a restaurant in the same building that offers a decent menu for a reasonable price.

The location is fantastic, 5 min max from the train station and surrounded by several metro stations. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, and tourist attractions nearby if that's what you're there for, including of course the Hockey Hall of Fame!! But for me the best thing of this hotel me is the staff: they were so helpful and friendly!! I will definitely stay there next time I visit Toronto.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Luna T
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Luna T

Thank you for your candid review. So pleased to that our location was fantastic for you. We can include breakfast in your rate on your next visit, just mention at time of booking. I am sorry you found your rooms heating seemed odd. We shall look into it, thank you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.