“Lovely Little Hotel!”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #39 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Victoria with my daughter and her friends for my daughter's 16th birthday. The location is great, just one block from King St. subway station or a short walk to Union Station. The lobby is bright and beautifully decorated. Check-in was fast and efficient. We were placed on the 3rd floor. The girls had a lovely delux twin Queen room with a view of Yonge St. and I had a standard Queen room across the hall with a courtyard view. Both rooms were very tastefully decorated. The beds were super comfortable. The standard room was a bit small, but it was so pretty and comfortable it didn't matter. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful, even when we forgot to turn our clocks ahead and missed check out time it was no problem. There is a nice restaurant for breakfast next door. We really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely keep it in mind for future stays in Toronto.

Room Tip: Street side has view but can be noisey.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amyjess
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Hi Amyjess.....

Thank you so much for including us on your Daughters very special Birthday, ah to be 16 again! We get a lot of very positive reviews about the ambiance and decor of the room as well as the lobby. We would love to have you back, any more special occasions on the horizon? Let us know and we'll be more than happy to look after you again!!!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Victoria

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Victoria for 3 nights in February in a Deluxe King Room. We were really surprised at the comfort and spaciousness of the room considering the price. The building itself is historic, however the rooms have been recently renovated and are clean and tastefully decorated. The bed was very comfortable, and there was barely any audible street noise. We were staying in the room right next to the elevator however, and that was a little noisy so would recommend light sleepers to ask to stay away from this room.

Staff were incredibly friendly, and the hotel itself is in such a great location within walking distance to lots of shops and restaurants. We recommend a visit to the Beer Bistro just around the corner on King Street East.

Thanks to all at Hotel Victoria – we had a great stay and would highly recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeteandSiobhan

Hi PeteandSiobham.......It is always great to see that guests are pleasantly surprised about their stay. Our renovations last year have been a great success, so many guests love the re designed look. Is is wonderful to hear that you found our staff incredibly friendly and helpful.

We look forward to seeing you back with us soon.....

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I can't believe I never knew about this hotel before. After spending years staying at big chain hotels this place is a breath of fresh air. It is a small boutique style hotel, in a prime location with reasonable rates. The rooms are small but well planned out and styled beautifully. The staff are pleasant and more than willing to help with anything you need. I stayed for 2 nites. It is walking distance from union station and lots of attractions and good restaurants. If you drive stay at the parking garage at Church and Esplanade just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. There is also a restaurant on site with great food and good prices. This is my new "go to" place in Toronto from now on!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MitchB62
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I spent four nights at this hotel in two different rooms. It has been recently renovated and although the quality of the materials doesn't seem great (particularly in the lobby) the rooms are really nice. My only complaint is that the heating / AC system is a bit odd: our first room was quite cold and there was no way to stop the cool "breeze". Breakfast was not included but they have a restaurant in the same building that offers a decent menu for a reasonable price.

The location is fantastic, 5 min max from the train station and surrounded by several metro stations. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, and tourist attractions nearby if that's what you're there for, including of course the Hockey Hall of Fame!! But for me the best thing of this hotel me is the staff: they were so helpful and friendly!! I will definitely stay there next time I visit Toronto.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Luna T
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Luna T

Thank you for your candid review. So pleased to that our location was fantastic for you. We can include breakfast in your rate on your next visit, just mention at time of booking. I am sorry you found your rooms heating seemed odd. We shall look into it, thank you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stay here this Saturday when I check it they said I had to pay extra $50 on person.
I pre-paid for this room a month ago online and before I booked with them I called to make sure having extra people wouldn’t be an issue or charge the woman on phone said it was fine.
After 10 mins of fighting with manager he finally gave up and believed me so he didn’t charge me. Then the manager said I didn’t pay for my room, again had to fight with him to double check, Then 5 mins later finally found that I did.
I ask for Champagne glasses for our room so we could drink in our room while getting ready before going out, the hotel said NO, that too many clients have broke their glasses so they wouldn’t give it to us. So my friend went out and bought champagne glasses for our room before going out.
I think this Hotel is Beautiful, lets of history great location, no parking so I had to park 7 mins away.
Would I stay here again NO.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank mila c

Dear Mila C

Thank you for your review. It is disappointing for me to read your review. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with review with you in greater details. We pride ourselves in service so this is a disappointing to see such a review.

Regards,