“Nice place, but will Diff not Come Again”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #39 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stay here this Saturday when I check it they said I had to pay extra $50 on person.
I pre-paid for this room a month ago online and before I booked with them I called to make sure having extra people wouldn’t be an issue or charge the woman on phone said it was fine.
After 10 mins of fighting with manager he finally gave up and believed me so he didn’t charge me. Then the manager said I didn’t pay for my room, again had to fight with him to double check, Then 5 mins later finally found that I did.
I ask for Champagne glasses for our room so we could drink in our room while getting ready before going out, the hotel said NO, that too many clients have broke their glasses so they wouldn’t give it to us. So my friend went out and bought champagne glasses for our room before going out.
I think this Hotel is Beautiful, lets of history great location, no parking so I had to park 7 mins away.
Would I stay here again NO.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank mila c
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Mila C

Thank you for your review. It is disappointing for me to read your review. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with review with you in greater details. We pride ourselves in service so this is a disappointing to see such a review.

Regards,

Steven Jones

Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We spent an anniversary weekend at the Hotel Victoria in November. Great hotel with a fantastic staff-- attentive to our every need and then some. Our room was on the street side, and was a bit noisy. Next time we'd probably ask for a room at the back of the hotel, but we will definitely be back. Fantastic location as everyone has noted. The Irish pub across the street is unbelievably good as well. Full marks. Thank you Hotel Victoria!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Hi Kathyallenkline

So happy you chose to spend your anniversary here at the Hotel Victoria, we seems to be a favorite of people celebrating their anniversary. You must come back and stay with us in the summer, we are ideally located to the waterfront which is amazing in summer. We shall most defiantly ensure you have a room at the back of the hotel. Wow, more great comments about our staff, It makes me so proud to hear this is how our guests feel about us!!! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Definitely lives up to its self-promotion on its website. This is a classic Boutique Hotel by definition, very European in nature. Under 60 rooms, the rooms are on the smaller side (which is to be expected in this style of property) but very nicely appointed and do not feel "cramped" by any stretch of the imagination. A pleasant twist was the bathroom. Usually in European-style boutique hotels the bathrooms are tiny but ours was quite spacious. All areas of the hotel were very, very clean and well maintained and the 5-6 staff members we encountered over our 2 night stay were extremely pleasant and professional. The location is perfect if you enjoy walking a city. Close to a lot of places you want to be. Note, try not to get there during rush hour traffic because at those hours you will not be able to stop in front of the hotel to drop off your luggage and check-in. This is a very small inconvenience in exchange for such a great location on Toronto's famous Yonge street. I'm not sure what the exact rush hours are, but you may want to ask when you call for reservations. In any event if that does happen you can pull-over around the block.

Lastly, the price is very reasonable for this location. My wife and I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi MikeCOttawa

It is nice to read that we have lived up to our self promotion. If we don't love us, who will? Our staff are great - again, self promotion. Each guest is valued and treated as family, another plus for our historic boutique hotel. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the near future. Check us out on Facebook for latest offers and events.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel for 11 nights. We wanted a downtown area at a reasonable price. This is often an oxymoron when it comes to Toronto. However, we were pleasantly surprised that this hotel, located at Yonge and Wellington, lived up to its website hype. Though located in a historic building built over a 100 years ago, it has been recently refurbished to a very comfortable standard. The room we were in is small by today's standard. There was just enough space for two double beds, a small stand alone closet and a table. The flat screen TV hung from the wall. The bathroom had a toilet, sink and shower. The beds were very comfy. The walls are a bit thin so noisy neighbours can be a problem.

The staff, both front and housekeeping, were very friendly and accommodating. The only real difficulty with this hotel is the lack of a drop-off/pick-up zone. Because it is located right on busy Yonge St. there is no loading zone. If you attempt to stop to unload or load during rush hour, you could be inviting an expensive fine and a lot of annoyed drivers. The best bet is to stop on the side street, Melinda St., and walk a few feet.

Go to their website to see if they have any special offers. They are currently promoting a $102 per night for 2 nights. The price reflects the age of the hotel.

Room Tip: We were located towards the back on the south side of the third floor. Our view was a blank wall of...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eddyandthecruisers

Greetings Eddyandthecruisers.

11 nights, wow and extended stay. Thank you for the extensive review, we would love to offer you an upgraded room on your next stay, we will make sure it is a bigger room for you. It is great to keep hearing that the staff are helpful and accommodating, it never gets old hearing that so thank you for sharing that with everyone, service is essential and we strive to offer exceptional service.

Come and see us again soon.....maybe 12,13 nights!!

Reviewed 23 February 2012

If you want a great place to stay in Toronto you can check in Hotel Victoria with no fear. Clean rooms, kind and great staff, excellent location and fair rates. Next time in Toronto I'll stay there for sure.

• Stayed: February 2012

Hi PauloHDesouza

Thanks for your great review.......I want to thank you for also posting your experience on Facebook. I am pleased that your found our rooms clean, rates fair, great staff and excellent location. Keep watching us on Facebook, we give away a complimentary night to one of our lucky Facebook fans!!!!!