“Great for Business Trip in Toronto”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
Ranked #16 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Montreal
“Great for Business Trip in Toronto”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Traveled for business.
Hotel is clean.
Staff offered great service.
Rooms are quiet and modern.
Breakfast was good and food was fresh.

The hotel is located near an Irish Pub (5 minutes walk) witch might be interesting after the business conferences and meeting for a team build up.

Overall experience was great but prices are over estimated for what you have in this kind of hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I've been coming to this area for years now on business and have stayed at several other places in the neighborhood. This is my new favorite now. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room I got and at such a great price. It was well appointed and immaculate. The staff were courteous and helpful. The free wireless internet, airport shuttle and the amazingly good breakfast were most pleasant surprises. I will be happy to return here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Marv1nM
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2012

To be clear, I am a Hampton fan. I like their hotels as they are consistently great and worth the small premium over other mid-line hotels. This one is no exception. Pretty new property, the staff was very friendly (thanks again for arranging the shuttle, Heidi), room was very quiet, clean and comfortable and the breakfast was good. Only word of caution I would give is make sure if you use the hotel airport shuttle, use the right one. There are more than 1 Hampton near Pearson Airport and you could inadvertently find yourself on the wrong bus! Make sure you get on the Hampton Corporate Center shuttle.

Room Tip: It's a Hampton. They're pretty much all good rooms, but maybe get a backside room from the r...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Slidebite
tarek M, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Thank you for your review and for the kind words about our Hampton Inn by Hilton, we are very happy when we hear that you are a Hampton fan.
That makes us as management and staff more committed to please our valuable guests.
Thank you again, we love having you always.
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Starting with airport pick up, the service is really great, rooms are confortable, breakfast is really good as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

(v.) Complimentary Breakfast
(vi.) Concluding Thoughts

(i.) Booking
---
Research was very important for this upcoming stay. Over the past 2 years I have been loyal to Priority Club properties gaining Platinum status with the club. Unfortunately, their loyalty program doesn’t really hold any water. It’s very easy to achieve Platinum status and is not very highly regarded in the travel community in comparison to other clubs. PC Platinum also has few benefits that attract me to their properties.

After lots of research and sales pitches I settled on trying Hilton HHonours and Hampton Inn. Not only were the properties around Pearson Airport a higher caliber, the HHonours program attracted me with the Double Dip promotion and December Sale (33% off when booked in December). The issue now is deciding which hotel I should stay at in the Hilton portfolio. Initially, I wanted to stay at the Hilton Toronto Airport which was the most convenient for my destination the following morning but it was much too expensive for the room and overnight parking. The cost of parking at hotels in and around YYZ is a real problem as it can produce some very high yields.

After almost booking the Hilton Toronto Airport, Hampton Inn Toronto Airport, and Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport I decided to book at the Hampton Inn Toronto Airport Corporate Center. The major pluses to this property is that it is brand new, has free parking, free access to internet, breakfast in the morning, and lengthened check-out times. I also was drawn to the property as the competing Hampton located closer to the airport seemed dated when looking at traveler submitted pictures on TripAdvisor.

Booking on Hilton.com was easy and yielded the December Sale discount. Information on the stay was delayed 2 hours before being posted on my Hilton HHonours profile online for some reason (which they stated would be the case during the booking process).

(ii.) Arrival & Check-In
---

The Hampton Corporate Center is located on a 2 blocks south of the 401’s Renforth Drive exit and about 5 blocks tracking back from exiting the highway. The hotel is on property shared with the Homewood Suites (owned & operated by the same manager) having a small parking lot in front of both hotels and a larger car park behind the Hampton.

I arrived at the hotel an hour before check-in was supposed to take place. The friendly front desk staff informed me that my HHonours reservation was prepared and ready for the check-in process. She welcomed me to the hotel and also informed me that there was a letter for me from the manager. This was a very nice touch; it was a pre-formatted enter-name-here template message but nonetheless it was a nice value added touch to the experience. The letter went so far to provide the direct extension for the manager’s office if there were any questions, comments, or complaints.

Check-in was quick and efficient. An overview of the lobby, breakfast bar, and location of amenities was provided just before I went to bring my bags up to my room. I was very much looking forward to seeing my room and enjoying the breakfast in the morning.

(iii.) One King Bedroom
---

Surprisingly, both of my requests were honoured for my stay. This was something I liked to hear as PC properties consistently had a difficult time fulfilling my same requests. I asked for a top floor room which faced towards the airport… and that’s just what I got! While the view was slightly obstructed by the neighboring Homewood Suites the room fulfilled all of my requests and did not disappoint.

The hotel itself is clearly new and clearly well taken care of. Walking down the hall to my room I stopped to notice that the room number plates all had a unique photograph. I didn’t see one repeat on the floor, very cool. Arriving at my room and opening the door I was greeted by the beautiful suite.

What I really liked about the room is the style. It seemed to be a great new direction for the Hampton brand! Inside the door is the redish-brown tile, but not just basic hotel brand tile, good looking tile. Walking further into the room you see the emphasis on black, blue, and beiges. 3 walls were beige while the wall the bed sat against was blueish-green. Looked great! The flooring was a comfortable carpeting coloured blue with black “splats” with matching blue colour on the single seat chair, ottoman, and bedskirt. To round the furnishings out; desk, end tables, and dresser were all high quality dark wood which looked great with the colours of the room. Excellent style!

The room also featured a large HDTV (which actually received HD channels, a first for me in a hotel room!) and a mini fridge.

The bathroom was also impressive. Sharing the contemporary styling of the bedroom, the bathroom had a large sink and shower. The only complaints I had about the room were in the bathroom. The water could have been warmer in the shower. I like the water very hot, I am not saying that it wasn’t hot but not quite where I would have liked it to be. Not really an issue. The other issue was the amenities that the hotel provided. Compared to other hotels which I have recently stayed at in the area it was a little bit of a letdown. Once again, not an issue as I brought my own supplies anyways.

(iv.) Sleep Quality
---

The mattress was very comfortable. A great softness which was accompanied by 4 large sized pillows and a very comfortable duvet cover.

Proximity to the airport is always a concern when dealing with noise level. The bar has been set high by the Hotel Indigo which is located directly under the flight path for incoming flights. During 2 different stays in 2 different rooms with planes passing 50ft above the hotel there was no noise. Indigo invested heavily in ensuring that noise cancellation was a priority. The Hampton did not have the same caliber of noise cancellation. Planes could be clearly heard landing and taking off from the airport which was considerably far away by comparison to the Indigo’s location under the flight path. The noise was muffled but clearly audible.

(v.) Complimentary Breakfast

The hotel does provide a fairly wide spread standard complimentary hot breakfast. I arrived at about 6:30 where most of the food was already prepared. I enjoyed a fresh cheese omelette and orange juice. Nicely laid out and quite tasty!

(vi.) Concluding Thoughts

As I submitted my reservation I knew that I would really like this property. Reading all of the reviews on TripAdvisor and information provided on the hotel’s website got me ready for a good experience. The temperature of the water in the shower was a little disappointing but not a massive problem. The same goes with the noise from the airport.

Overall, I was very pleased with this property. The Hampton YYZ Corporate Center has definitely set the bar higher when it comes to hotels and what I can expect from the Hampton brand. I will without a doubt return to this property or possibly the Homewood Suites next door. On top of that I will continue traveling with Hilton brand properties after this stay.

This hotel is great for any traveler. Whether you are on business or are traveling for leisure this hotel will provide excellent accommodations at a very competitive price. I would absolutely recommend this property to anyone staying in the area.

I hope the information provided in this review will be helpful in your decision on where to stay around Toronto Airport!

Happy travels!

Room Tip: I enjoyed a room on the top floor at the end of the hallway. Not too much noise from other guests an...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank QC514
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport
Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale
Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York
Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre? Share your experiences!