“Pleasant Lunch”
Review of Lena Restaurante

Lena Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
Lena Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #489 of 9,387 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Always wanted to check out this beautifully decorated place that is right at corner of Saks 5th Ave. The lunch environment is casual, so I just had charred beef tarter, comes with a quail egg, carried out by a beautiful Latin American style plate. The flavor is just right, however, I prefer the raw meat to be chopped more fine, so easy to chew on it. The service is wonderful, really lovely waiter. Overall, it’s a place worth to be checked out.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I was concerned about eating here but the host when I made reservations made a note of celiac and a garlic allergy. Not sure if this was translated to the wait staff however we were well taken care of and our server knew we had a theatre dead line to get out for.
Dinner for four was fantastic - all of us trying different dishes. ( Tuna crudo was the best ever - just to small a portion for me! Waiter suggested the sea bream - it was amazing - rabbit dish was deemed so so, the pollo also got high praise. )
Thanks and kudos to the designers - great job of what was once an entrance.

1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 4 April 2018

After a medical test at St. Michael's Hospital, this spacious and well-decorated place attracted our attention and without hesitation, we went in. I ordered sausage and eggs and my husband had an Argentinian pastry. The sausage was a bit salty but this is mostly because we no longer use salt at home. For breakfast, as long as they have good coffee and Lena had, I am perfectly satisfied. I will go to this place again just to enjoy the peace, calm and elegance. By the way, the service was excellent, attentive but not intrusive.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Walking into the large space with huge windows, brass and rounded bench seating and tables left a upbeat first impression. Service was average but friendly. I ordered the Wellington Butler Steak. I will say that it was only average. The sides were good but the actual overall food was only average, nothing to rave about. I was a little disappointed as Ive heard so much about this place and really wanted to rave about t he food. Unfortunately, it just didnt measure up. Its extremely overpriced for what I felt was only average fare.

1  Thank Rivergirl1
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Visited December 2017. Stopped in for a snack and cocktails. Beautiful eclectic decor. Loved the bar, banquette and tile work. Soaring ceilings, yet cozy. We were seated promptly and service was courteous on this Saturday early afternoon in the winter. We had the cactus fruit cocktails and house made churros dessert with dipping chocolate. Yum. Will return to try brunch.