“Average and OVERPRICED”
Review of Taco Time

Taco Time
Ranked #156 of 311 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Reviewed 15 August 2016

The food is decent but it is definitely overpriced and the portion sizes are relatively small. If you are looking for a good deal or great value, do NOT go to Taco Time in Thunder Bay.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

Ate at Taco Time for the first time in my life. Was very surprised how good the food was. Had taco salad with chicken on more than one occasion and it was good every time. Inexpensive, clean and good food.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

I usually make one stop here when I visit Thunder Bay. Usually it's pretty good with little to complain about. This time the soft taco meat was almost cold. It still tasted good and in the past it's always been warm, and customer service was so so... hoping it's not going to start slipping. I'll still be back.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

I was looking for a quick snack, so I decided to hit up this Taco Time. I haven't had Taco Time in probably about 5 years if not more (last time I was in Calgary), so I though it would be nice to revisit their food.

Mistake.

As my title says, the customer service was great. I was greeted warmly and my order was taken and prepared promptly.

But my Lord did the food itself actually suck. My order was the 3 for $5 taco special, and all 3 of the taco shells were stale and kind of mushy, and the meat itself was very non-descript, even more so that Taco Bell, which pretty much has set the bar for that sort of thing.

The hot sauce was OK, I guess.

So, yeah - not going back.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

I usually go every 6 months for a soft taco or two. I ordered a side of mexi fries. The girl gave and charged me for two orders. I said, ya, whatever and went to get some hot sauce for my soft taco. I tried a mexifry and it was as cold as ice. I brought them up to the counter and asked for new ones. They said no problem. I sat down and ate my tacos and no mexifries. After I was done I went up to the counter as asked where my mexifries were. The servers looked at me like I have a third eye. I showed them the receipt and said "Remember....they were cold and I brought them back". Still, third eye syndrome. The manager came up front and I had to explain everything again, I just asked for my money back. Again, I know it's a fast food joint so I should have low expectations but damn.