“Service is the only thing that gave this place an average...”
Review of Taco Time

Taco Time
Ranked #157 of 307 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Reviewed 31 May 2016

I was looking for a quick snack, so I decided to hit up this Taco Time. I haven't had Taco Time in probably about 5 years if not more (last time I was in Calgary), so I though it would be nice to revisit their food.

Mistake.

As my title says, the customer service was great. I was greeted warmly and my order was taken and prepared promptly.

But my Lord did the food itself actually suck. My order was the 3 for $5 taco special, and all 3 of the taco shells were stale and kind of mushy, and the meat itself was very non-descript, even more so that Taco Bell, which pretty much has set the bar for that sort of thing.

The hot sauce was OK, I guess.

So, yeah - not going back.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

I usually go every 6 months for a soft taco or two. I ordered a side of mexi fries. The girl gave and charged me for two orders. I said, ya, whatever and went to get some hot sauce for my soft taco. I tried a mexifry and it was as cold as ice. I brought them up to the counter and asked for new ones. They said no problem. I sat down and ate my tacos and no mexifries. After I was done I went up to the counter as asked where my mexifries were. The servers looked at me like I have a third eye. I showed them the receipt and said "Remember....they were cold and I brought them back". Still, third eye syndrome. The manager came up front and I had to explain everything again, I just asked for my money back. Again, I know it's a fast food joint so I should have low expectations but damn.

Reviewed 15 March 2015 via mobile

Taco time was average but a great quick fix for a hungry man. Reminds me of taco johns where I'm from but seems as if they use better ingredients so you get a bit better flavor. Being from an area filled with great Mexican restaurants I can't think of a fast food joint I can give more than 3*. Good food for a good price.

Reviewed 10 September 2014

This food is not good does not taste remotely like mexican food the mexi fries taste like cardboard and the crispy beef is hard and brown on ends and its expensive don't bother

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Swore id never eat at Taco time again after 1 of the most disgusting meals of my life in Calgary AB.. Started dating a chick from Tbay and apparently this city has a deep love of the Time, I was persuaded to try it again. This time my meal was prepared artisticly with love and was absolutely prymo. This location utilizes the ingredients to the top end of their potential and im sure the meals are served just as the chefs at head office envisioned. When in Tbay def grab some high quality mexican fast food. BRING TACO TIME TO GUELPH!!