“Hit the spot!”

The Blue Door Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blue Door Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 312 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Great Breakfast! Fresh and zest. Worth the trip from the airport!
Eggs were cooked perfectly! Exactly what I needed after a long day of travel.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

So glad we finally chose to seek this place out for a breakfast. Absolutely delicious breakfast, and perfect presentation. The coffee was also great (on the stronger side like I love). The place was very clean and it was obvious that the owners have pride in what they do. We were lucky enough to find street parking in front, but they do validate parkade parking. We're looking forward to a return visit to try more options!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We were fortunate to win the Valentine's Day contest put on by The Blue Door Bistro! We decided to take our toddler with us so we could all enjoy a great meal. The 4 courses we did enjoy were beautifully plated and delicious! In the midst of our 5th course, our little guy wasn't feeling well and Craig and Hollie were so professional, empathetic and quick to get us the last of our 6 courses to go. I can't even begin to describe the quality of the food and the art in preparing it. What a great experience - we'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

A friend of mine had just recently had a big surgery. I'm located in Toronto and since I couldn't be there to cook for her, I searched and searched for a place in Thunder Bay that would be able to send her and her husband a few meals for a week. The Blue Door Bistro did an AMAZING job. Their customer service was impeccable. Hollie was so wonderful and made me feel at ease. My friend, who has celiac disease and cannot have her food come in contact with gluten at all, was very pleased. Thanks! I hope to visit the restaurant one day when I visit!

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Very nice people, efficient and accommodating. The food was very good, and the venue is small but very clean. Odd location with a definite hidden aspect.

Hollie J, Owner at The Blue Door Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Hi Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Much appreciated.
You're not kidding about the "hidden" aspect! It's hard for people to find us, but once they do, they don't forget!
Hope to see you again.