“Delicious ”
Review of La Poutine

La Poutine
Reserve with OpenTable
La Poutine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 312 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Price range: USD 6 - USD 27
Description: Choose from over 20 kinds of authentic Montreal poutine!! Fresh cut fries with a crisp exterior and soft interior, fresh and soft Quebec cheese curds, and a light brown poutine sauce. La Poutine is the new home of THE CHAMP - A 1 pound burger with all the trimmings, 2 pounds of fries, and a 30oz milkshake - Think you can eat it all in 30 minutes?? Then its FREE + 10% off for life.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Went for the first time for lunch today. Large menu with lots of options. I had the Montreal smoked meat poutine. My husband had the Classique. We both ordered small. There was a lot on the plate.The food was out fast. Great service. Both poutines were delicious. Will defiantly be back to try more.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Stop searching for “Ontario-style” poutine and treat yourself to the original!! Don’t order from the menu...ask the owner what you should order and she’ll serve up the best grub this side of Nova Scotia!!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

While in Thunder Bay on business, I decided to go for lunch here as I am a lover of poutine. I called ahead to ask if they had a seating area as I was coming in for lunch. They advised they had seating, and that they were open.
After driving across town, finding a parking spot, paying for metered parking, only to walk up and find the door locked with a hand written sign on the door saying they were closed for repairs!?
After I had just called and spoken with them within an hour! Why would the staff or owner I spoke with never bothered to mention that they would be closing for repairs?
Complete waste of my time and money. I actually called while still there to see if anyone would pick up the phone. (Since I had already put money in the meter). I left a voicemail explaining what happened and left my cell number. No one has bothered to even call back to offer a simple apology.
Will never go back. Awful service, and complete lack of empathy for the customer.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Very delicious food, excellent service, and so many options it was hard to choose. 10/10 would recommend to anyone

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I had the classic poutine. I found the sauce had little flavor. I understand that it was a so called typical Quebec sauce but it still lacked flavor. The cheese was also sparse. I found myself eating mostly fries and sauce. Had I known perhaps I would have asked for double cheese. I think having the local cheese curds would also compliment the dish. I found it a bit pricey. Now I don't mind paying a good buck if it is tasty. I also understand that the location would have a big rent. I am not cheap just asking for tastier. The real put off was the owner's attitude. I mentioned that I lived in Québec and was familiar was a certain dish there. Well wow, she argued, she lived there all her life and never heard of that etc etc. I am passive so I just let it go. It was a bit insulting though. I think in their own way they make efforts and I wish them well. But for me I won't be back.

Brigitte T, Owner at La Poutine, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

I am sorry to hear how disappointed you were with our food and services. Our past experience taught us that people either love the classic poutine sauce or hate it. For that reason, we offer other sauces and gravies; beef, turkey, veggie, vegan, Gluten Free, bolognese, cheese and on a special occasion, bisque to top our poutines. I am mostly sorry to hear that not knowing about a certain dish made you feel like I was arguing. Everyone who has lived somewhere in Québec has their local favourite they wish I served, and when possible we welcome the opportunity to recreate it for them. However, La poutine mission is to carve out space on Thunder Bay’s food scene with Quebec's signature food: Classic poutine (with Quebec cheese), Montréal smoked meat and steamés.

Please accept my sincere apologies for making you feel disrespected; it was not my intention. ~Brigitte, Owner.