All reviews perkins restaurant science north restaurant attached room was clean pool and hot tub air conditioner on site restaurant ramsey lake staff was friendly and helpful laurentian university pleasant stay hospital stewart surgery proximity teams ontario
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Attended a 3 day seminar at the University and they had got a preferred rate -$99 for the junior suite, it was really convenient for the venue but wished I would have done a little more homework and chosen another hotel. It is a mediocre establishment at best, not dirty but not quite clean, not unfriendly but certainly not friendly - the gal doing check out in the morning was downright rude . There is a freaky Wyndam Guy at the elevator that is pretty darn scary (and lopsided) and I am positive nobody ever cleaned the elevators as the same pieces of dirt was there my whole stay. My 'suite' had been renovated but little things were just bad due to workmanship. The fridge (which actually froze all of my fruit and veg) looked like something else had been ripped out of the space before with all the wood damaged around it. The carpet was reasonably new compared (still would not have gone barefoot) the disgusting hallway but frayed at the bathroom entrance where it had been laid incorrectly, the shower tiles were clean but the grout/caulk was stained in the corners, linen was clean but not good quality, a tissue I had used stayed on the nightstand for 2 days, the dividing door was damaged, lots of marks on the walls. On the positive side plenty towels, nice big bathroom counter for a single person (would not have worked for 2 people) It all just felt a little grimy and uncared for, I am sure if they had a good maintenance and housekeeping team it would improve considerably. There is no free breakfast just the Perkins restaurant which I did not use. The front facing rooms can be noisy due to a busy road.
This is the type of place that budget coach tour operators use for those 'seniors' out of season trips.
For a one nighter its fine but consider spending a little more if you are a clean freak or want similar standards to other chains like Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Room at the front can be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Stewart_MarrGM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Thank you for your review. Please note our management team takes each issue very seriously and will be taking steps to address each one. Although we never enjoy hearing that one of our guests had a less than perfect stay, we feel the comments such as yours allow us to gauge where we have opportunities to make improvements. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

So this is one of those hotels where you get what you paid for. It's about 75 to 80$ a night. I feel at my age I am kind of past the days where I am happy at a travel lodge but business booked us in here so we are here and thankful that it is paid for. But, It is just ok.

Beds are super hard but there is a choice of pillow firmness (3 pillows per bed) so that helps.

Rooms, although they said they were renovated 2 years ago...I think they meant they were updated maybe in the bathroom and some comforters....maybe? My initial feeling walking in the room was that it did not seem clean. It was neat but looked very run down and used. I felt the need to check for cleanliness and that is not normally a first thought for me. There is a smell that I cannot identify....like cigarette smoke that is stuck forever in the carpeting. U do have a small fridge and a microwave in the room.

It has a fairly decent indoor pool and hot tub that my 14 year old son enjoys so that is good.

It is a 15 minute walk to a beautiful Lake and boardwalk so that is very good. And it is a 15 minute walk to the north science center which is fantastic.

And finally there is a Perkins restaurant attached to the hotel..another bonus because they have reasonably priced meals from 06h00 to 22h00

So overall hotel feels dated and a little grimy to be honest but location is good if traveling with kids (beach and science center within walking get distance)

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Although we never enjoy hearing that one of our guests had a less than perfect stay, we feel that comments such as yours allow us to assess where we have opportunities to make improvements. Thank you for communicating with us your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Nice clean rooms, and delicious snacks and desserts in the restaurant. Great rates and friendly service. Very close to science north and lots of shopping, bowling and restaurants. We would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristen C

Thank you for your review and we are glad to hear you will be staying with us again!

Reviewed 17 May 2016

The room was clean plenty of towels nice pool and hot tub, the staff were very helpful, the restaurant at the Hotel had a great menu selection , the Hotel is centrally located close to other restaurants, grocery stores, hospital and the museum and the beach

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank marl770

The Travelodge Hotel Sudbury thanks you for leaving such a glowing recommendation of our property. We are delighted that our associates were able to go above and beyond for you. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Hotel was full and the room was very adequate. What was not right was the smell in the corridors. It did not seem clean. Had to park in the back because I got in late and all spots were taken.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Stewart_MarrGM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

We appreciate you staying with the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury and for leaving your review of our property.