All reviewsking bedontario streetloft roomscentrally located place to staylarge skylightmain floorfree parkingsleeping areano elevatorsmall kitchenetteelectric fireplacecoffee makerwalking distancemini fridgeloftstvbathroom
Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

We were in Stratford to watch the Sound of music play ( which was amazing) we stayed at the Bentley Inn on Ontario street which is a walking distance from theatre ( 15 mins). Everything is walking distance from the inn ( restaurants and boutiques even a Tim Hortons). We stayed in one of their Loft rooms, very nice and amazing beds.

The only thing we noticed was the walls seemed to be paper thin, since we could hear our neighbour phone ringing as if it was in our room. However, it wasn't much of a bother because we were already awake getting ready for breakfast.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2015

We stayed one night at the Inn and also had dinner at the restaurant. The room was great, very clean and offered everything we needed. I really enjoyed the complimentary bottles of water and was really happy they had a microwave & silverware in the kitchenette as I had a late night snack from the restaurant to finish. The Tempurpedic bed was great, I fell asleep right away. There is parking, but it's across the street in a parking structure. That makes it a little tricky to check out because you either have to pay & park your car to load/unload your bags or carry them up a flight of stairs from the parking structure, then up another to get to the room. We parked in the back of the hotel, there was luckily a spot open with some time left on the meter. The only negatives I had were the TV on the main level of our room wouldn't turn on and the front desk didn't open until around 9/9:30AM even though it said 8AM. Also, if you're a light sleeper (I'm not), I would suggest not staying in the back of the inn. The bar is open until 2AM and it was a little loud @ night as the smokers carry their drinking conversations out to the back to smoke.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I have stayed at Bentley's a fair number of times and consider it an excellent establishment.
The pub has a great variety of beers and food to choose from and the service staff is quite attentive and personable.
There are two different styles of rooms.
The first in the main building is a loft style room, with bar fridge, coffee maker and microwave. The beds are comfortable.
The Annex rooms are a treat to be in. They include a couch, 2 queen beds, walk in shower and a jetted tub to name a few.
I would encourage others to enjoy these facilities when in the Stratford Ontario region.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank 228derekb
Reviewed 25 May 2015

Two nights of accommodations..easy check-in, free parking, fantastic rooms..clean, organized and central to Stratford.

All staff, both Inn and restaurant were cordial, informative and well..fun!

Laura..evening meal server was top-rate!

We will most certainly stay at Bentley's when next in Stratford!!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2015

My husband and I recently stayed at Bentleys. We tend to go at least once a year during the off season. All rooms are $99 during this time. I suggest room 105. I have viewed most of the rooms there, and recommend one with a king bed. If you request a room with street view, they are smaller. If you can stand a skylight instead of a window, book that kind of room. All these rooms are lofts. The first floor housed a king bed, dining room table, wet bar, (including glasses, cutlery and dishes!!) fireplace in front of bed. Upstairs was a futon, chairs ,tv , armoire and bathroom. The only thing that is a pain is getting up in the middle of the night and having to go upstairs to the bathroom. We love this hotel and will return!! The bar/pub is downstairs. We have eaten there and the food is great!! Last time we stayed we got room service and ate at our dining room table, lots of fun!!
Great hotel to stay at, romantic!! You can walk to all the great stores/pubs/attractions that Stratford is known for!!!

Room Tip: rooms are bigger that have skylights
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple