“A great place for coffee and baked goods”

Balzac's Coffee Roasters
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Stratford
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We started our trip to Stratford here and it was a good decision. Obviously, a popular place with locals for good reason. Friendly staff and service. Try the Dark Affair brew and an almond croissant.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This really is a lovely spot to meet friends for coffee but the wait staff is rude and having read a few reviews, I am not the only one who thinks so. Its really to bad, it was my favourite coffee shop in town.

3  Thank Muma M
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Balzac's is always delicious, but the barista here was helpful enough to inform me that my drink wouldn't be vegan as I was ordering it - thank you so much!

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Listen, I understand, I’m a barista too. We all have off days. But, wow. “Hi can I have a Single Long please?”
Seems like a totally reasonable way to order, so I was quite surprised to get hit back with a very standoffish, rude, and aggressive “single long WHAT?!” followed by rudely cutting me off before I could even clarify “espresso” (not that i thought it a possibility that I would even have to at a place like balzac’s), followed again by a heavy roll of the eyes when I had to pay with a card (still tipped 15%, I’m no monster). Quite disappointing, considering the overall prestige of the place. The espresso was great I will say, but I certainly won’t be returning to this location any time soon.

1  Thank jsey14
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Balzac's is a great spot on the main. It's a shame the coffee is lacking in flavour... Friendly staff but I wouldn't go again.