All reviews cookies cappuccino maker raj room bed turned down silver service decorated differently each evening elegant home front porch coffee service separate entrance next year a wonderful stay fresh fruit canadian bacon lovely pool breakfast is served
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

From the moment we arrived and we were greeted by Marc we knew we had found a special place. Every detail was taken care of and exceeded our expectations. We booked late and all that was left was the Raj Room but we loved it. It was small but very well thought out and the space was well decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was quiet. The extra details is what sets the Stewart House Inn apart from other places we have stayed. The lovely little personalized letters in the evenings to the coffee in bed in the mornings make this place special. Marc makes you feel at home the whole time and cheerfully serves a unique, delicious breakfast with a smile. We loved it and wished we had more time to spend in Stratford as well as at the Stewart House Inn.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Marc A, Owner at Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Thank you from the entire team for such wonderful comments. The downside to coming to Stratford is that there are so many interesting and different things to do, and it is always a juggling act to try and fit it all in while still having time to enjoy the Inn and the grounds, especially sitting out by the pool. It was great having you with us and we hope to see you again before the season's end.

Cheers, Marc

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We chose the Stewart House as a recommendation from Travel Stratford info sites. We are not disappointed. We stayed in the cottage attached to the back of the house which had a personal bathroom and separate entrance. Marc and his team were attentive, courteous and helpful. Breakfast on the first day was homemade apple/oatmeal muffins, stripped bacon, yogurt with fresh fruit and croissant french toast with a homemade rubarb/strawberry compote. The second day, was cranberry orange muffins, poached eggs with Canadian bacon, fresh fruit and yogurt and English muffins. There was also a table with home make cookies accessible all day in the dining room. The facilities were clean and welcoming. The was a lot of rain the days prior to our arrival, so the pool was littered with leaves and such, but not unattractive to prevent swimming. Marc even made recommendations for restaurants in the area and made a reservation for us at Rene's Bistro, which was incredible. Overall, we had a wonderful stay,. The location of the B&B was a ten minute walk into town. We would love to go back again this year.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Marc A, Owner at Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Many thanks for the wonderful comments. You will be happy to know that the rain is gone and the pool is clear of leaves. Now my biggest challenge is to stop the squirrels from raiding the pear tree just across the drive from the Garden Suite entrance. Never a dull moment.. Summer music is in full swing now and they have a wonderful exhibit coming in this coming Thursday with a beautiful replica of the moon. Hope you can get back to see us this season. It was fun having you with us. Best regards. Marc

Reviewed 27 July 2018

I spent eight days and nights at Stewart House Inn last week, and I most highly recommend this beautiful inn. My first stay at Stewart House (based solely on online reviews) was in July 2008, and I’ve returned to this inn every year since then. Marc and Lynn, the owners and proprietors, are as warm and welcoming now as they were in 2008. I’ve stayed in several of the inn’s rooms throughout the years, and they are all lovely and very comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious and of generous portions. A nice selection of snacks (fresh fruits, cookies, “munchies” such as pretzels and various candies) is available 24/7 in the dining area, along with tea and even a cappuccino maker! There is an outdoor in-ground pool surrounded by patio tables and comfortable chairs and chaise lounges for relaxing. The front porch also offers a nice spot to rest and relax. I always feel a little sad when my stay at Stewart House Inn ends because I’ve had such a wonderful time and hate to leave, but I am happy when I look forward to returning!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Marc A, Owner at Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Rose, thank you so very much for your lovely comments. You are like extended family now, and I take it as a great honour that I can keep Family happy :). We look forward to welcoming you back in the fall when the leaves are changing and Stratford takes on a very different hue. Warm days, cool nights, great walking weather. How much better can it get?

The entire gang here at Stewart House Inn send you their very best wishes, and again, thank you for the kind words.

Cheers

Reviewed 23 July 2018

For a number of years, 4 of us have checked in to the Stewart House Inn for about 4 days and always had a wonderful time. My routine is the same every year –– up in the morning for a quick swim in the lovely pool, back to my room to press the button on the wall that brings a silver coffee service with home-baked scone, reading before breakfast is served, and then off to read by the pool until it's time for lunch, plays, happy hours etc.
The food is very good with lots of variety and the help-yourself coffee and treats are tempting. Marc is very accommodating, whether it's our special food requests, or the loan of plates and glasses so we can order in sushi to have by the pool for lunch. Nothing every seems like a problem to him and the cheerful staff. We are making plans to book again for next year.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Marc A, Owner at Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will share this with the staff and I know they will be pleased to see their efforts continue to impress. I think the best part of the day is our interaction with guests, and your group is at the top of our favorites. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Cheers

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Marc and Lynn made us feel very comfortable and welcome at their luxury inn. The decor is warm and classy, the food was delicious and all the little touches made our stay very enjoyable. The inn is a short walk from downtown and the saltwater pool was an added bonus. Will go back again!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Lisa, once again it was a genuine pleasure having you with us. It's guests like you that make everything worthwhile, and I will absolutely pass your note along to the gang. Again, many thanks for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Stratford and he beautiful Stewart House Inn in the very near future. Cheers.