All reviews saltwater pool cookies cappuccino maker raj room short walk along the river bed turned down silver service decorated differently each evening elegant home separate entrance front porch coffee service canadian bacon next year a wonderful stay fresh fruit
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We chose the Stewart House as a recommendation from Travel Stratford info sites. We are not disappointed. We stayed in the cottage attached to the back of the house which had a personal bathroom and separate entrance. Marc and his team were attentive, courteous and helpful. Breakfast on the first day was homemade apple/oatmeal muffins, stripped bacon, yogurt with fresh fruit and croissant french toast with a homemade rubarb/strawberry compote. The second day, was cranberry orange muffins, poached eggs with Canadian bacon, fresh fruit and yogurt and English muffins. There was also a table with home make cookies accessible all day in the dining room. The facilities were clean and welcoming. The was a lot of rain the days prior to our arrival, so the pool was littered with leaves and such, but not unattractive to prevent swimming. Marc even made recommendations for restaurants in the area and made a reservation for us at Rene's Bistro, which was incredible. Overall, we had a wonderful stay,. The location of the B&B was a ten minute walk into town. We would love to go back again this year.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marc A, Owner at Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Many thanks for the wonderful comments. You will be happy to know that the rain is gone and the pool is clear of leaves. Now my biggest challenge is to stop the squirrels from raiding the pear tree just across the drive from the Garden Suite entrance. Never a dull moment.. Summer music is in full swing now and they have a wonderful exhibit coming in this coming Thursday with a beautiful replica of the moon. Hope you can get back to see us this season. It was fun having you with us. Best regards. Marc

Reviewed 27 July 2018

I spent eight days and nights at Stewart House Inn last week, and I most highly recommend this beautiful inn. My first stay at Stewart House (based solely on online reviews) was in July 2008, and I’ve returned to this inn every year since then. Marc and Lynn, the owners and proprietors, are as warm and welcoming now as they were in 2008. I’ve stayed in several of the inn’s rooms throughout the years, and they are all lovely and very comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious and of generous portions. A nice selection of snacks (fresh fruits, cookies, “munchies” such as pretzels and various candies) is available 24/7 in the dining area, along with tea and even a cappuccino maker! There is an outdoor in-ground pool surrounded by patio tables and comfortable chairs and chaise lounges for relaxing. The front porch also offers a nice spot to rest and relax. I always feel a little sad when my stay at Stewart House Inn ends because I’ve had such a wonderful time and hate to leave, but I am happy when I look forward to returning!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Marc A, Owner at Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Rose, thank you so very much for your lovely comments. You are like extended family now, and I take it as a great honour that I can keep Family happy :). We look forward to welcoming you back in the fall when the leaves are changing and Stratford takes on a very different hue. Warm days, cool nights, great walking weather. How much better can it get?

The entire gang here at Stewart House Inn send you their very best wishes, and again, thank you for the kind words.

Cheers

Reviewed 23 July 2018

For a number of years, 4 of us have checked in to the Stewart House Inn for about 4 days and always had a wonderful time. My routine is the same every year –– up in the morning for a quick swim in the lovely pool, back to my room to press the button on the wall that brings a silver coffee service with home-baked scone, reading before breakfast is served, and then off to read by the pool until it's time for lunch, plays, happy hours etc.
The food is very good with lots of variety and the help-yourself coffee and treats are tempting. Marc is very accommodating, whether it's our special food requests, or the loan of plates and glasses so we can order in sushi to have by the pool for lunch. Nothing every seems like a problem to him and the cheerful staff. We are making plans to book again for next year.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Marc A, Owner at Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will share this with the staff and I know they will be pleased to see their efforts continue to impress. I think the best part of the day is our interaction with guests, and your group is at the top of our favorites. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Cheers

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Marc and Lynn made us feel very comfortable and welcome at their luxury inn. The decor is warm and classy, the food was delicious and all the little touches made our stay very enjoyable. The inn is a short walk from downtown and the saltwater pool was an added bonus. Will go back again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Lisa, once again it was a genuine pleasure having you with us. It's guests like you that make everything worthwhile, and I will absolutely pass your note along to the gang. Again, many thanks for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Stratford and he beautiful Stewart House Inn in the very near future. Cheers.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

My husband and I must have stayed in thousands of hotels and B&Bs in our lifetime, all over the world. We never expected such an incredible experience this close to home. We needed to be out of our house, due to renovations, about an hour from Stratford, and decided to spend four nights in Stratford, see a couple of theatre shows and have some nice dinners. We chose the Steward House Inn based on their 5-star ratings. And well deserved these five stars are! We would have given six stars if it had been possible. The owners, Lynne and Marc are truly exceptional hosts. And also their housekeeper and other staf are very friendly. From the moment we booked by phone to the moment we sadly had to part, the whole experience has just been phenomenal. We would need two more pages if we were to sum up the extra favors, the pleasantries, the attention, and even what felt like genuin friendship! The rooms are luxurious, with lush bed linens and towels, the swimming pool is huge, the garden well kept. There are a luxury coffee machine that makes your favorite cappuccino, espresso, machiato from freshly ground beans, chocolates, cookies, and fruit for grabs. The breakfasts, enjoyed in their gorgeous dining room, are cooked from scratch and mch better than at most luxury hotels we have stayed at. The strictly gluten free diet of one of us was no problem at all. They especially bought delicious gluten free cookies and deserts, and cooked with gluten free ingredients.
Both hosts shared lots on what to see and what to do in the area. We highly recommend Marc and Lynne’s B&B to everyone visiting Stratford!

Room tip: All rooms in this bed and breakfast are beautiful and luxurious.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marc A, Owner at Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you both for taking the time to write this wonderful note. I will definitely share it with the staff. Knowing how frequent and varied your travels are, as well as your experience with highly recommended properties, means a great deal to all of us, and in particular Lynn and myself. I personally find it very rewarding when guests truly enjoy Stratford and Stewart House Inn. Having managed hotels all my life, a testament such as yours is a huge compliment, and we are both pleased and humbled by your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Marc and Lynn