All reviews saltwater pool cookies cappuccino maker raj room short walk along the river bed turned down silver service decorated differently each evening elegant home separate entrance front porch coffee service canadian bacon next year a wonderful stay fresh fruit
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I spent eight days and nights at Stewart House Inn last week, and I most highly recommend this beautiful inn. My first stay at Stewart House (based solely on online reviews) was in July 2008, and I’ve returned to this inn every year since then. Marc and Lynn, the owners and proprietors, are as warm and welcoming now as they were in 2008. I’ve stayed in several of the inn’s rooms throughout the years, and they are all lovely and very comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious and of generous portions. A nice selection of snacks (fresh fruits, cookies, “munchies” such as pretzels and various candies) is available 24/7 in the dining area, along with tea and even a cappuccino maker! There is an outdoor in-ground pool surrounded by patio tables and comfortable chairs and chaise lounges for relaxing. The front porch also offers a nice spot to rest and relax. I always feel a little sad when my stay at Stewart House Inn ends because I’ve had such a wonderful time and hate to leave, but I am happy when I look forward to returning!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Marc A, Owner at Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Rose, thank you so very much for your lovely comments. You are like extended family now, and I take it as a great honour that I can keep Family happy :). We look forward to welcoming you back in the fall when the leaves are changing and Stratford takes on a very different hue. Warm days, cool nights, great walking weather. How much better can it get?

The entire gang here at Stewart House Inn send you their very best wishes, and again, thank you for the kind words.

Cheers

Reviewed 23 July 2018

For a number of years, 4 of us have checked in to the Stewart House Inn for about 4 days and always had a wonderful time. My routine is the same every year –– up in the morning for a quick swim in the lovely pool, back to my room to press the button on the wall that brings a silver coffee service with home-baked scone, reading before breakfast is served, and then off to read by the pool until it's time for lunch, plays, happy hours etc.
The food is very good with lots of variety and the help-yourself coffee and treats are tempting. Marc is very accommodating, whether it's our special food requests, or the loan of plates and glasses so we can order in sushi to have by the pool for lunch. Nothing every seems like a problem to him and the cheerful staff. We are making plans to book again for next year.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Marc A, Owner at Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will share this with the staff and I know they will be pleased to see their efforts continue to impress. I think the best part of the day is our interaction with guests, and your group is at the top of our favorites. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Cheers

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Marc and Lynn made us feel very comfortable and welcome at their luxury inn. The decor is warm and classy, the food was delicious and all the little touches made our stay very enjoyable. The inn is a short walk from downtown and the saltwater pool was an added bonus. Will go back again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Lisa, once again it was a genuine pleasure having you with us. It's guests like you that make everything worthwhile, and I will absolutely pass your note along to the gang. Again, many thanks for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Stratford and he beautiful Stewart House Inn in the very near future. Cheers.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

My husband and I must have stayed in thousands of hotels and B&Bs in our lifetime, all over the world. We never expected such an incredible experience this close to home. We needed to be out of our house, due to renovations, about an hour from Stratford, and decided to spend four nights in Stratford, see a couple of theatre shows and have some nice dinners. We chose the Steward House Inn based on their 5-star ratings. And well deserved these five stars are! We would have given six stars if it had been possible. The owners, Lynne and Marc are truly exceptional hosts. And also their housekeeper and other staf are very friendly. From the moment we booked by phone to the moment we sadly had to part, the whole experience has just been phenomenal. We would need two more pages if we were to sum up the extra favors, the pleasantries, the attention, and even what felt like genuin friendship! The rooms are luxurious, with lush bed linens and towels, the swimming pool is huge, the garden well kept. There are a luxury coffee machine that makes your favorite cappuccino, espresso, machiato from freshly ground beans, chocolates, cookies, and fruit for grabs. The breakfasts, enjoyed in their gorgeous dining room, are cooked from scratch and mch better than at most luxury hotels we have stayed at. The strictly gluten free diet of one of us was no problem at all. They especially bought delicious gluten free cookies and deserts, and cooked with gluten free ingredients.
Both hosts shared lots on what to see and what to do in the area. We highly recommend Marc and Lynne’s B&B to everyone visiting Stratford!

Room tip: All rooms in this bed and breakfast are beautiful and luxurious.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marc A, Owner at Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you both for taking the time to write this wonderful note. I will definitely share it with the staff. Knowing how frequent and varied your travels are, as well as your experience with highly recommended properties, means a great deal to all of us, and in particular Lynn and myself. I personally find it very rewarding when guests truly enjoy Stratford and Stewart House Inn. Having managed hotels all my life, a testament such as yours is a huge compliment, and we are both pleased and humbled by your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Marc and Lynn

Reviewed 9 July 2018

My husband and I have stayed in countless B&Bs over the last 25 years and the Stewart House Inn is absolutely the best. The house itself is beautiful and the rooms elegant. We stayed in the Carolina room which was so charming and located at the back of the second floor, making it very quiet. We peeked in all of the guest rooms, each of which was decorated differently and beautifully. We began each of our three mornings by ringing the in-room buzzer, which resulted in coffee and homemade scones being delivered to us in a silver service and Wedgwood china cups. What a wonderful way to start the day! Breakfast was served in the ballroom between 8:30 and 9:30. Each guest could come down at their leisure anytime during that period. We were greeted each day by a different meal beginning with a fresh fruit course and followed by a delicious gourmet, multi-item main plate. Fruit and snacks were available on a sideboard all day, which was much appreciated after a day exploring Stratford. We returned to our room each evening to find the bed turned down and a snack on the table. My husband and I enjoyed reading around the pool, on the front porch, and in the cozy leather chairs in the drawing room (where there was a selection of spirits for a cocktail!) But the most special aspects of the Stewart House are its hosts and their staff. Marc and Lynn were so very, very warm, friendly, and gracious. They made us feel at home instantly. They gave us terrific dining suggestions and even made the reservations. The ladies on their staff were each so friendly and always ready with a smile. We truly had such a restful, peaceful stay at this elegant home and look forward to visiting again next year. Thank you, Marc and Lynn!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marc A, Owner at Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Wow, what a wonderful review! I do have to mention Lynn was very disappointed she did not get a chance to say goodbye when you left. But, you forgot one key thing that makes the Inn so special, the guests!! When people stay with us here at Stewart House Inn, we love seeing people relax and end enjoy the surroundings and all that Stratford has to offer, and you two were no exception. Many thanks for your kind words, but most importantly, thank you for joining us and we truly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Marc, Lynn, the Team, and of course, the Pups Frances and Spencer.