All reviews saltwater pool cookies cappuccino maker raj room short walk along the river bed turned down silver service decorated differently each evening elegant home separate entrance front porch coffee service canadian bacon next year a wonderful stay fresh fruit
Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at this beautiful home. Mark is an outstanding host. He is so personable and really enjoys making your stay perfect. The breakfast was delicious and entertaining as Mark gives you his culinary secrets. Our room, The Regency, was gorgeously decorated for the holidays. And I will truly miss the soaker tub and romantic fireplace. I must not forget to mention Frances and Spencer, the adorable doggies of the home. We will definitely be returning for another visit soon!

Date of stay: December 2015
1  Thank Yanique R
Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

Located near downtown and an easy walk to the lovely T. J. Dolan Natural Area, the Stewart House was a great place for us to stay while in Stratford to catch a performance at the Festival. The rooms are lovely, the service is friendly and competent, and breakfast was awesome! We've adapted a couple of the menu items for our own use entertaining at home. If you're inclined to spend a little more than usual, this is a great choice.

Date of stay: November 2015
1  Thank jbglad59
Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

This is a hard place to find in the dark, so drive slowly and watch for a big house set well back from the road. If you're a bit late arriving, you'll find a handwritten note with instructions to get in and your room will be ready with lights on, music playing and bed turned down.

The rooms aren't big but they are stuffed with gorgeous, eclectic furnishings and trinkets and pretty much anything you might need. There is a wine fridge on the landing in case the need arises.

If you are back early, cocktails are served in the cozy main floor lounge and, on nice days, you can loll about by the pool or, as we did, go for a walk along the river, just across the street.

On a wet day, there are plenty of puzzles and board games and a free wifi.

Breakfast is multi-course and ample and served with the morning paper and great conversation with the proprietor, helped by two small dogs. If you like breakfast, you'll walk out with the recipe.

While it's not the cheapest place in town, this is a great spot for a day or two at the festival.

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed 6 October 2015

This is without doubt the best Inn I have ever stayed in. From the moment you step past the front door you are treated like royalty. We had originally booked the Art Deco suite but were upgraded to the Garden Room. The room was large and oh so comfortable and the attention to detail exceptional. We had morning coffee/tea then enjoyed a delicious breakfast. I am not an egg eater and a special breakfast was prepared just for me. Marc, Lynn and Mary are absolutely the friendliest and most helpful Inn keepers and along with their staff ensure your stay there is thoroughly enjoyable.We were not able to use the pool but again attention to detail could be observed in the numerous tables, chairs and umbrellas available. I have to mention Frances and Spencer the two lovely, rescued mini schnauzers whose presence added a little extra bonus to our stay. These are such caring people, not only for their guests but also for their love of four legged friends. We will be back.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Caroline W
Reviewed 20 September 2015

My friend and I enjoyed a play, Carousel at the Stratford Festival this September. Stewart House Inn had been recommended to us and we made reservations in August for 2 of their lovely rooms. I stayed in a charming small room- The West Indies Suite with an ensuite bathroom and shower and my friend opted for the luxurious Regency Suite with a 5 piece ensuite complete with a heavenly soaker tub.
Both rooms were lovely and beautifully decorated. Each came with soft bathrobes and fine toiletries. The beds were luxurious and the pure white linens were pressed and butter soft.
Every effort was made to make our stay special. We were given the option of having our favourite coffee or tea delivered to our room. We just needed to ring the in-room bell just like Downton Abbey.
We instead chose to have our tea by the beautiful outdoor swimming pool. It was delivered in a silver tea service accompanied by warm homemade scones. We had enjoyed a swim in the heated pool the day before and after dinner as well.
The lounge and ballroom on the main floor of Stewart House were beautifully appointed with fine antique furniture. A wonderful breakfast was served in the ballroom.
Marc, the owner is an informative and friendly host and we especially enjoyed meeting the other guests, all of whom return to stay at Stewart House Inn year after year. I certainly understand why. I recommend treating yourself by staying at this wonderful
B and B when you visit Stratford

Room tip: All rooms are lovely. All except one has ensuite Regency is stunning
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ladydiver27
Stewart62, Owner at Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Thank you indeed for your lovely comments and the detail regarding your experience. Having our guests enjoy the Inn so thoroughly puts "Paid" to why I love this business, and why the staff delight in exceeding expectations whenever possible.

On behalf of all of us here at the Inn, including Frances and Spencer, your review is truly and sincerely appreciated. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Stratford and Stewart House Inn in the not too distant future.

Cheers