“Hidden Luxury”

Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario
Ranked #23 of 88 Stratford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2012

For our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary, my husband and I visited Stratford in July of this year and spent two wonderful nights in the Regency Suite at Stewart House Inn.

This was only my second time staying at a Bed and Breakfast, and, again, I had the most magical experience.

The Regency suite is very spacious and beautifully appointed. With its amazing king sized bed and very large bathtub it is extremely comfortable.

Delicious breakfasts by the lovely pool was a joy in the morning.

Everyone who works for Marc and Lynn made us feel very welcome and were very kind, but it was Marc and Lynn who made our stay so very special with their thoughtfulness.

Returning from seeing The Pirates of Penzance our second evening, we found a small bottle of bubbly and chocolates in our room because Marc remembered the reason for our stay at Stewart House.

I chanced to see some of the other rooms that were empty on the morning of our departure and they are equally charming. The house is an heirloom and a perfect companion to some of the best shows we have ever seen.

We enjoyed our stay so much at Stewart House that I'm already in the process of making a reservation for this time next year.

We simply wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Stratford.

Room Tip: All the rooms are charming, but some only have a shower. The Garden suite has its own air conditioni...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 July 2012

I don't even like B&Bs!! In fact I usually avoid them at all costs!! This one may just have changed my mind. It is a lovely spot in a quaint little town with world class theatre. When we arrived the owners were out. We were greeted by the housekeeper who clearly loves her job. Our rooms were just beautiful with a great beds and bedding. Each room has a theme. My room had a bathroom across the hall which was a bit tedious but livable for two nights. The owners were friendly and helpful. The house was just gorgeous. The living room has a bar and guests are encouraged to help themselves! There are home baked snacks and a cappuccino maker available at all times. The breakfast is worthy of any gourmet restaurant. There is a salt water pool with a wonderful deck. I had a shower before dinner and the theatre. By the time I got back the towels had all been changed. My bed was turned down and I had a snack next to my bed!! Wow!!!!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We just came back from a 2 night stay in the Stewart house .This place is so unusual because every detail has been taken care of.We were in the regency room which was a suite very comfortable spotless and amazing beds.Marc (the owner) and the rest of the staff were always ready to help.The breakfast on the pool deck was excellent .I have stayed in several bed and breakfasts but never one like this.We will be back next year and hopefully for more nights.Thanks Marc and Mary and everybody else for a lovely stay.Marietta Kalman Buffalo NY

Room Tip: WE stayed in the regency room which is the largest in this inn but I am sure that the other rooms ar...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We have just returned from a fabulous one night stay at the Stewart House Inn. We took advantage of the "Celebrity Chef Inn-spired" package which included a cooking class offered by the resident Chef David Pallan and an absolutely delicious 3 course dinner. (Hands down one of the best meals we have EVER eaten!) The Inn was immaculate, luxurious, welcoming and very comfortable. The staff was very accommodating and friendly without being overbearing. My husband took advantage of the salt water pool while I lounged in the beautiful patio/garden area. A scrumptious breakfast in the ballroom followed much welcomed in-room coffee service. All this and only a short walk from the theatre and shopping district of Stratford. We couldn't have asked for a nicer getaway. Thanks to Marc and his superb staff!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ValandDaryl
Reviewed 12 May 2012

My wife and I stayed there for our Honeymoon, we were in the "Art Deco" room. The building is very well kept, spotless with fantastic decor. Our host Marc knows the details of making a guest feel comfortable and well cared for, without being overbearing, Ann's breakfasts are to die for.

Do not hesitate to consider staying here, it is truly outstanding.

Room Tip: Plenty of room in the Art Deco Suite for two.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple