“Family meal”

Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Warm & Friendly traditional pub with seasonal outdoor dining.... pouring 22 import and domestic drafts a menu with pub made local, British, Irish & Scottish specialties! Can accommodate large groups or is cozy for groups of 2. Visit our website for more information and to take a look at our menu! We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I had the buttered chicken with rice and naan bread which all tasted excellent. My only complaint was that I thought the rice portion was too small and I was still hungry after my meal. My daughter had the chicken fingers and sweet potato fries which she enjoyed. Her portion size was good.

Tammythetraveler, Owner at The Feathery Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Culzean555

Buttered chicken is a personal favourite of my husbands so I asked him about the rice portion and he stated he normally found it generous so this may have been a small glitch in our portioning on the day of your visit! We are sorry about that and should you order this again please let us know if you still find it to be light on the rice and we will make sure you leave happy and full!

Thank you for the feed back and we are glad you both enjoyed your meals!

See you soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We've been coming here for a while now and we come for kilkennys and our server we have most of the time Adam. He is always friendly and has great recommendations for food. We keep coming here because of his amazing service and he makes us feel welcome there. He is awesome.not sure if we'd keep coming if he was not our server. Also Joe and Andi are amazing too. If we don't have Adam we have one of them and they are very friendly and remember us and make us feel welcome also. I will miss Kate she was always friendly and remembered our order.

Great place would definitely recommend it here. All the the food is good and service is awesome!!we have brought friends here and they love it also!

Hello Heather!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review here on Trip Advisor! We appreciate the kind words as will all of our staff (especially Adam)

We look forward to serving you and your friends again!

Cheers!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Good venue for lunch or dinner. Congenial atmosphere. Large and varies menu. Good, plentiful shareables.

Michel

We are happy to hear that you enjoy our pub so much! Love this review!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I've been eating Chef Kirk's food since he introduced a full menu at the downtown Patrick Sheehan's some 15 years ago, he's been at The Feathery I believe since it opened and with him in the kitchen you know you're getting terrific authentic British food.

I heartily recommend the pies and Yorkies, anything that's traditional UK fare is a safe bet here, but the Steak & Mushroom Pie and the Jumbo Stuffed Yorkies are the bomb, and the portions on these are absolutely fabulous too.

The Scotsman's Sticky Toffee Pudding recipe is hard to pass up, it truly is decadent, but if you ever see another British fave popping up as a daily special like Banoffee Pie, you must try it!

The Feathery nachos are excellent, the best nachos in St. Catharines for sure. The mini stuffed Yorkies, crab cakes and fish tacos are also worth considering. Don't let the price on the nachos scare you, it's a CRAP TONNE of food and so the pricing does reflect the fact you could handily split this with four people and not need any other apps before your sandwich/entree.

You'll find as far as beverages go most staples here, they do know how to pour a pint of Guinness (proud of the rim and not pockmarked with bubbles) and I've had a varying times delicious pints of Bass Ale and Smithwicks. Not a bad selection of scotch and whiskey.

Some of the wait staff have been here for years so they know their stuff and are not just competent but enjoyable to chat with, the owner and the bartenders are all friendly too.

I'm not going to knock a star off for this, but the televisions here really do suck because of how they've been set up and so if you want to watch the golf or some footie or a hockey game on a Saturday night, this isn't the place for you. Whether it's because they don't pay for HD (which is inexcusable given it's usually only a $10/month premium at most) or just don't know how to set-up the cable/satellite boxes or the TVs aspect ratios I'm not sure as I haven't asked if I could investigate (I'd gladly work on them for free) - but all channels are stretched only horizontally and therefore everything is skewed. Such a shame, if they figured out the tellies and got HD and had it correctly displaying at 16:9 instead of stretching just the sides from a 4:3 envelope, they'd be a decent consideration for sports events.

SurrondFan!

What a phenomenal review! Honestly you could work for a paper, magazine or travel site! Thank you so much for sharing this.

I am trying to rack my brain of who you may be as I also was at Sheehans with Kirk and we came to The Feathery together about 10 years ago... Anyway I am going to pass on this review to him so he can see his hard work and dedication are not appreciated by all of us who work with him but by long time customers!

Thanks for joining us back in the day when we had Sheehans and continuing to now!

p.s. the TV feedback is appreciated.. but I got totally lost...next time your in please consider asking if I am around and introducing yourself, perhaps I can bother you to dumb it down for me (we do have HD receivers... but must not be using them correctly?)

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I recently had lunch at this delightful pub with a work colleague. The food is excellent and the menu quite varied. I had the perogies and my colleague had the wings. The perogies were nicely fried and were served with sour cream and fried onions. My college claims the wings are the best ever. Service is excellent being prompt and friendly (and attentive). We stayed for a bit while conducting business and felt most welcomed to do so (with drink refills too!). The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming - a spot to also try for dinner I am sure. This is a very nice St. Catharines pub definitely worth a try.

NorthernGuy13

Thank you for joining us for your business lunch! We are glad you were able to enjoy your meals while getting some work done! We are always happy to have people hang around as long as they like after lunch or dinner, whether it be to get some work done or just catch up with friends and family!

We look forward to serving you again soon!