“Perfect for dinner before a show”
Review of Dani's Bistro

Dani's Bistro
Ranked #19 of 469 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Price range: USD 5 - USD 14
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Lovely bistro located on wine route and across from the Performing Arts Centre. We carry a large variety of VQA wines, many by the glass and even on tap. Hard time deciding? We also offer wine by the flight. We also have beer and cider on tap. Delicious and fresh, join us for tapas, for lunch, dinner or dessert, you will not be disappointed. We also have a boxed lunch option.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

The location is perfect -- right across from the performing arts centre. If you tell them you're trying to make it to a performance, they'll make sure you finish in time. The food is excellent (try the charcuterie platter) and the atmosphere nice.

1  Thank Charlotte M

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Good atmosphere with good food and good wine.
Right opposite the theatre and handy for the Meridian Centre events too.

1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Heading to a concert with friends who suggested we eat here before the show. An excellent choice. Not a large place. Seats about 36-40, making it rather cozy. An ample drinks/wine menu as well as a rather diverse dinner menu. Our waitress was very efficient and our orders arrived quickly and in unique china ware. The fig appetizer was tasty and pleasantly surprising. The entrees were excellent in preparation and presentation and all in our party enjoyed their meals. Dessert was to die for. All in all, a very relaxing and enjoyable experience.

1  Thank Locksley9
Reviewed 16 November 2017

I walked into this restaurant, randomly, because I was interested in its current dinner special, grilled prime rib. Upon entering, I noticed I was the only patron. Initial service was good. I asked if I could get the grilled prime rib cooked “medium rare... with any error on the rare side” and was assured that I could. Once I got the meal it was obviously overcooked and I mentioned it to the server. She asked if I wanted to send it back and I replied: “no, I am too hungry and don’t have time.” This was especially disappointing since I was clear in specifying my order and there was no one else in the place. I finished my meal with zero other interaction from staff. Nobody bothered to follow-up on their only customer and his overcooked, expensive entre. Upon check-out, I was also not engaged about the poor quality of the meal. At least they could have discounted the price. Also, the establishment presents itself as a “wine bar” but has a poor selection. Likely never going back.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Night of Elton John concert, so needed reservations...got in through the skin of our teeth. Great wine service, and the cuisine outstanding. The staff were very friendly and most professional. A+