“13th Street Winery, St. Catherines”
Review of 13th Street Winery

13th Street Winery
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 84.88*
and up
Private Winery Tour of Niagara Wine Country
More attraction details
Owner description: 13th Street Winery specializes in small lot estate grown, hand-crafted table and sparkling wines. Since 1998, 13th Street Winery has continued to establish itself as one of the top small producers in the area, winning praise for its Gamay, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Riesling and méthode traditionelle sparkling wines. Visit our tasting bar, art gallery and bakery boutique on Fourth Avenue in St. Catharines.
Reviewed 14 April 2018

This a great winery and well worth a visit. The inside is very chic and apart from the big tasting room, they have a great selection of jams, condiments and much more including a fantastic bakery area. The staff are very knowledgeable and extremely friendly. I always recommend our friends drop in for a visit whenever they are in the region.

All reviews
"take home"
in 5 reviews
"cookies"

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We were driving from Toronto to Niagara and my friend wanted to stop at 13th Street Winery for tea and a tart. My friend loves this place as it does have the bakery. They also have a cute decor shop. My friend purchase a few bottles of red wine, and then we stayed for tea and tarts. I had the butter tart and my friend had a cherry tart. The cherry tart had a flaky crust and both were yummy. Would return happily for another tart.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Not at all what I envisioned and definitely exceeded my expectations—the grounds, the artwork, the architecture and interior design are stunning. So bright, airy and inviting. The young lady (Andrea) leading our wine tasting was charming, very knowledgeable and so accommodating. And of course the wine and baked goods are worth the stop. Can’t wait to visit again in the summer.

13thStreetWinery, Director of Marketing at 13th Street Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thanks for your review! We look forward to having you visit again this summer!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Besides being one of the better wineries in the Niagara Region there is a lot to enjoy when you visit. First there is an excellent bakery store that sells homemade pies and pastries. Their butter tarts have been ranked as the best by many aficionados. The fresh pies are no slouches either and are chock-o-block with fruit. Once you have finished enjoying the wine and desserts the grounds have been transformed into an art park where you can stroll or sit while enjoying the view.
Excellent trip that appeals to singles and families.

13thStreetWinery, Director of Marketing at 13th Street Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again soon!
Ruth

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 February 2018

This place has stayed with me and I'm definitely returning. I was fortunate enough to be served by Ben who must be drinking the same kool-aid that other Canadians drink to make them so doggone amazing! Looks you right in the eye, is genuinely passionate about the winery (his family runs the place), so incredibly friendly and present, open and informative. I was enthralled just from my interactions with Ben (and a delicious glass of Cuvee Rose in my hand - bought a bottle.) But there was more! The tasting room is modern and sexy and filled with natural light. The Bakery/Gift Shop is just gorgeous and make sure you look to your left as you enter to see the stunning wooden table that hosts gatherings in their events room. It's a work of art. And lastly, as other reviewers have noted, the butter tarts . . . heaven. Had never had a butter tart and it's ruined me. I think about them all the time. I left on a cloud!

13thStreetWinery, Director of Marketing at 13th Street Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Thanks for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!
Ruth