“Modern Sexy Gorgeous Winery - definitely stop!”
Review of 13th Street Winery

13th Street Winery
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 130.42*
and up
Private Winery Tour of Niagara Wine Country
More attraction details
Owner description: 13th Street Winery specializes in small lot estate grown, hand-crafted table and sparkling wines. Since 1998, 13th Street Winery has continued to establish itself as one of the top small producers in the area, winning praise for its Gamay, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Riesling and méthode traditionelle sparkling wines. Visit our tasting bar, art gallery and bakery boutique on Fourth Avenue in St. Catharines.
Reviewed 11 February 2018

This place has stayed with me and I'm definitely returning. I was fortunate enough to be served by Ben who must be drinking the same kool-aid that other Canadians drink to make them so doggone amazing! Looks you right in the eye, is genuinely passionate about the winery (his family runs the place), so incredibly friendly and present, open and informative. I was enthralled just from my interactions with Ben (and a delicious glass of Cuvee Rose in my hand - bought a bottle.) But there was more! The tasting room is modern and sexy and filled with natural light. The Bakery/Gift Shop is just gorgeous and make sure you look to your left as you enter to see the stunning wooden table that hosts gatherings in their events room. It's a work of art. And lastly, as other reviewers have noted, the butter tarts . . . heaven. Had never had a butter tart and it's ruined me. I think about them all the time. I left on a cloud!

13thStreetWinery, Director of Marketing at 13th Street Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Thanks for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!
Ruth

in 3 reviews
"baked goods"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We happened to stop in here by chance and how lucky we were that we did! The wine is excellent to taste, my wife loved the Syrah which we ended up buying! The best part is the bakery! Get the butter tarts, they are literally heaven on earth!! You must buy them! We will be coming back again and again!

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped here by chance while passing through the area. What a view from anywhere in either the tasting room or bakery! The Pinot Noir and Chardonnay were superb! Some of the other wines were certainly worth tasting and the reds were easy drinking. We were also brought on a tour of the facility and the gentleman was very knowledgeable and passionate about everything to do with wine and wine making. We will definitely be returning here, perhaps in the summer months when we may walk the grounds!

13thStreetWinery, Director of Marketing at 13th Street Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thanks Chris! We are glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Ruth

Reviewed 23 December 2017

I've been a repeat customer at 13th Street Winery for while now. I always enjoy their wines, especially their reds. Prices are fairly reasonable. Service is friendly and attentive when it's not busy. They also have a lovely bakery on the grounds...I recommend their butter tarts!