“Great wines, great bakery!”
Review of 13th Street Winery

13th Street Winery
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 86.78*
and up
Private Winery Tour of Niagara Wine Country
More attraction details
Owner description: 13th Street Winery specializes in small lot estate grown, hand-crafted table and sparkling wines. Since 1998, 13th Street Winery has continued to establish itself as one of the top small producers in the area, winning praise for its Gamay, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Riesling and méthode traditionelle sparkling wines. Visit our tasting bar, art gallery and bakery boutique on Fourth Avenue in St. Catharines.
Reviewed 23 December 2017

I've been a repeat customer at 13th Street Winery for while now. I always enjoy their wines, especially their reds. Prices are fairly reasonable. Service is friendly and attentive when it's not busy. They also have a lovely bakery on the grounds...I recommend their butter tarts!

All reviews
"ice wine festival"
"wine making"
"gift store"

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

I took a group of 16 for a wine weekend. 13th Street was one of our favorites. The premises are stunning, as are the grounds and the art installations. The bakery is amazing with many gourmet treats. Wines were good and Scott was knowledgeable and personable.

13thStreetWinery, Director of Marketing at 13th Street Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thanks Dawn! We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Let me start off with all of the positives, then some important feedback. I love this winery!! Hands down my favourite...the chic white design..WOWZA.....the art, the sculptures, the bakery, the salsa, the fire pit, the wine...all outstanding and I refer all of my friends. The owners are lovely and you often see them stop up customers for a friendly chit chat. All of the staff are so gracious and enthusiastic about the place...they really care and obviously love their jobs. Now the feedback...I feel bad because I LOVE this place...but I think this is important to pass this on. On Saturday we attended a large group wine tasting tour - we were on a fundraising day for charity. Everyone in our group of 35 pre-paid $5 per tasting pp in advance. While everyone headed in to the big tasting room, I dashed into the bakery to grab some butter tarts, and other goodies...I hoped to avoid the line up....which I did :) I told my husband to go ahead and have my prepaid tastings as I may be a while in the bake shop. He was more than happy not to see those gorgeous wine samplings go to waste. Each person was allocated three glasses on the table. Since I was running behind, my husband enjoyed his 3 tastings and then mine...(note not a lot of wine....just a modest taste). Before he had the third glass, one of the young women who was leading the tasting walked over to the table and took the third empty glass was meant for me.......which stopped him from having that extra tasting - yikes. It's not that the extra taste of the wine mattered to him....its that my husband was left feeling embarrassed over that .....after all these were prepaid and it was a closed group. I was able to catch the tail end of the tasting which was fine, but there were a couple of times when the group leader was shushing the group for having side conversations. Everyone in the group was over 50 and many who heard that were thrown by that as well.....we were spending good money and it was a light and enjoyable event. Nobody was out of line. I know that these are not catastrophic events by any means.....but when you have the honour of showcasing your winery to a large group of wine lovers with money to spend, please don't treat them like children.....those subtle signs of disrespect left many with a bad taste in our mouths. So sorry 13th Street...you are amazing...but I just feel those two young women who showed many good qualities, also need some coaching on customer service.. (maybe shadow some of the other wonderful staff) ...I wouldn't want to see that happen to future groups.... We want to keep your winery around for a long time. Love you! Cheers :)

1  Thank Familyof3tourist
13thStreetWinery, Director of Marketing at 13th Street Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate both the positive and negative comments and will share them with our team and discuss how we can continue to improve our guests' experiences.
Regards
Ruth Peters
Director of Marketing
13th Street Winery

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Just a big wow. They have more buildings, with gift store and own bakery. The wines were nice, but our sommelier was busy and he did not have enough time to inform us.

Thanks for your comments. Sorry to hear that you felt our staff did not have enough time to properly educate you on our wines. It can be a challenge on a busy day but we strive to provide each guest with an exceptional educational experience. We hope you will visit us again soon and allow us to better inform you about our wines.
Regards