“Great fish and chips”

Jeff Purvey's Seafood
Ranked #46 of 332 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I went to Jeff Purveys during a late afternoon on a weekday. There was noone else in the store. We ordered the mixed seafood platter and an order of halibut. The seafood tasted great with prepackaged tartar sauce, and marinara sauce and portions were decent. Prices were also average; we spent about $30 for 3 adults and 2 children.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We always have a sit down w my grandson daughter and son in law for a good Friday fish and chips The meal is good hot and good service inexpensive a good place for fish and chips anytime

1  Thank darice d
Reviewed 28 March 2017

We ate here as my husband had a very large craving for fish and chips!! We had another enjoyable meal from J.P. This time, we dined-in, and had very quick service, probably due to the restaurant being quiet at this time, 1:15. The fish was so hot, we had to wait awhile before eating it. Always love that haddock!! The fries and coleslaw were delicious as well. We usually have their food a few times a year, and we'll keep enjoying it!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

The fish was nice and fresh, fries the same, not greasy at all. Coming from the east coast, I know a thing or two about my fish. Great coleslaw and the homemade bun was a real treat. My kids loved it. Nice and clean inside, good atmosphere. Friendly, fast service, I highly recommend and great experience all around.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

By far the best fish and chips around. Don't look for a fancy place, or to be pampered by the staff, you're here to enjoy the food and that's what you'll do. Whether you like your fish deep fried, grilled or poached, it the best in Peterborough. Bonus is you can enjoy a beer with your fish. Washrooms are down a long flight of stairs, so if you have a tough time with stairs or have mobility issues, best avoid this place or order the take out and enjoy it at home.