“Chicken a la king”

Soupcon
Ranked #14 of 340 Restaurants in Peterborough
Price range: USD 3 - USD 9
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great visit for lunch! I was greeted by the amazing smell of homemade soup as I walked in. The very friendly staff greeted me and took my order for soup and their specialty beer bread right away! The soup was hot and delicious, full of big pieces of chicken, veg and potatoes...it was heavenly, I love this place!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We visited this tiny place after reading the reviews about how great it was. When we walked in, a young girl asked us what we wanted and I asked for a menu. She told me all their selections were on the board on the wall. It listed only 5 soups. My dad had the tomato italian because the others were definitely not up his alley and the only thing I could figure might be okay was the corn. When it arrived, there was soup spilled all down the side of my bowl which then leaked down onto the table. Both tasted like bowls of chili... very spicy chili. It would have been nice if "spicy" was indicated on the board and we probably would have moved on. I couldn't eat mine because my throat was burning. When we went up to pay, we saw they also make sandwiches and salads! that would have been nice to know but our waitress failed to mention those offerings. Since none of the soup options appealed to us, we would have definitely preferred that option! While we were there, a mom and young boy walked in and she was taking her coat off. The same young waitress asked her if she wanted something to go??? I got the impression she was not feeling like working that day. Not a place we will be frequenting again, however, if you like spicy things, and yellow corn soup that tastes like chili, it might be perfect for you! The other selections were a black bean and 2 more I had never heard of. I wish restaurants would make an effort to ensure customers know what they are ordering. In this case "Mexican style Corn Soup" would have given me a heads up to ask what spices were in it.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I personally, always, love a heavenly warm soup in the winter. Soupçon has an awesome selection of great soups served with your choice of bread. I highly recommend the beer bread that they offer with the soup, its delicious, buttery and flakey... who doesn't love that combination? I prefer the soup to go as the restaurant doesn't offer the most comfortable or pleasing atmosphere. The staff are always pleasant and I enjoy taking out soup from here.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

The restaurant is very tiny, about 12-14 seats but also available for take-out. There was a continual line-up for seats or take-out but it wasn't noisy. They have real homemade, interesting combo soups and the beer bread and soup combo for $5.50 is more than enough for lunch. I didn't find it salty at all. There is an option for sandwich and salad as well. The small soup and salad combo is very small but had fresh fruit and lettuce. The servers are great and manage to work well in a tiny space. Its not a place to linger. If you want to linger and visit, go next door. If you feel like an amazing bowl of soup.....this is the place in Peterborough.

1  Thank sunburn88
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I'm not there on what I consider hippy soups and craft beers (give me a Brit one on draft any time), but my wife loves soup and so appreciates the creative minds that make this take out restaurant one of her favourites. My office is only a block away so I am obliged to get her some soup every week or so (she makes it the rest of the time). They usually have about 6 different home made soups on every day. I get a big smile when I show up at noon with some of their offering. You know you have been married 40 years when this trumps a bouquet of flowers.
Try their house made beer bread with your soup.