“Wonderful food”

Amandala's Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 337 Restaurants in Peterborough
Description: On Water Street, just north of Simcoe, you will find Amandala’s, a quaint 34 seat restaurant full of charm and character, offering a cozy atmosphere. With delectable cuisine made from the freshest, local ingredients and expertly prepared from scratch by Chef Simon Brown, coupled with warm, friendly service conducted by the owner Amanda Menard, Amandala’s delivers a uniquely gratifying experience.
Reviewed 22 November 2017

We took our friends here last Saturday night. We had a wonderful meal, the seafood soup was so rich and creamy and so very good. Then for the main meal we had fish, seafood pasta and pork tenderloin at our table. To finish Amanda's famous raspberry cheesecake with shortbread crust, Oh my goodness, so light and simply delicious. I even bought a piece for my friend at work and surprised her with it on Monday. She said I made her Monday! Can't wait to go back, Amanda was our server she is delightful, knows exactly when to come and check on you. We also had a young gentleman who served our desserts he was equally delightful. Keep up the fabulous work and thank the chef for us it was a wonderful evening.

1  Thank Supercouper
Amanda M, Owner at Amandala's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you so much for the beautiful review! Please accept my apologies for the delayed response; the holidays were exceptionally busy for us and I'm just now catching up. It was a pleasure having you and I'm so glad you enjoyed everything! And I must say, I'm especially glad the cheesecake lived up to the hype ;)
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Amandala's is a true gem. My husband and I went to Amandala's for the first time last night; such a great find. Amanda, owner and our server, is simply lovely and to boot bakes a spectacular raspberry cheesecake. Although full from our meal the dessert menu was just too tempting to resist. We indulged and shared a slice of raspberry cheesecake. It was the perfect finish to a great meal and great evening. This will not be my last slice of her cheesecake!
Amandala's is a quaint restaurant with personal service and pride in the food they prepare. I love a restaurant that is privately owned and reflects the personality of the chef and owner(s). Amandala's has a warm, welcoming feel. They have captured the perfect balance of hosting you as a guest and yet ensuring you enjoy the company you are with.
Our dinner was spot on. We started off with the soup and shared the paella. We both look forward to working our way through the menu however now that I've had Amanda's cheesecake I'm not so sure I can move beyond that dessert wise.
Please support this local gem so we can enjoy Amandala's for years to come. And just to be clear; I'm someone who just did a random search on google for Peterborough restaurants and happened to come across Amandala's.

Amanda M, Owner at Amandala's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Hi Shawn,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review! Your kind words are truly appreciated. It was such a pleasure meeting you both and we are so glad you enjoyed everything. We look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

The food was very good and our waiter was very kind and polite. It's a small place and the atmosphere is fairly quiet. Their chocolate cheesecake was amazing! I'd go back.

Amanda M, Owner at Amandala's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate the kind words and are so glad you enjoyed everything. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We were visiting from out of town to meet with my nephew and wife. My nephew suggested this restaurant, based on the positive reviews, which we fully agree with after our experience. Our dinners were delicious, paired with good choices of wine by the glass. Our server was excellent and very personable. We had a delightful evening, only wished that we could have stayed longer, as there was live entertainment too, but we had to head back home.

Thank you Mary for taking the time to write such a nice review! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you again next time you're in town.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I visited Amandalas for the second time in a few weeks. Both times the service and food were outstanding. The atmosphere is quiet and comfortable and it was a very enjoyable fine dining experience!

Thank you Sheila, for writing such a loively review! We are so glad you enjoyed everything and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kindest regards,