“great pizza and wings”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2015

if you like a thin crust pizza this is the one. not sure if it the dough, sauce or cheese but put together add what you like and this is my top 3 (home made is always best) and Ive eaten more than my share. Wings, dry cajan, were great combo with the pizza . Ill get his again ..and again..and..

1  Thank onecdn

Reviewed 9 April 2015

My husband and I went tonight for the first time. We both ordered the PoBoys, one shrimp and one chicken. My husband got the chips and I got the fries. Everything was okay, but I do not like pickles or tomatoes so my Po Boy was boring. It only had tiny breaded shrimp, lettuce, and a somewhat spicy sauce. I wish it had more flavour and heat. The fries were nothing special. The coleslaw as good.

If you have ever been to Hot Belly Mamas in Peterborough, this place does not even come close! I wish the menu had some more options, a daily menu maybe, or even some more dishes inspired by New Orleans.

If you are looking for a mild Cajun on a budget this is the place for you. Otherwise, take a trip to the P-dot!

Reviewed 20 February 2015

My wife and I dined here on a Wednesday night. Very clean establishment, very nice server (Jenifer) and the best darn pizza I have ever eaten.

2  Thank matthewfoodie
Reviewed 11 February 2015

This is not going to be a great review, although the pizza was quite good. We went there because had heard recently the pizza was pretty good. They told us they only had dough left for a large pizza and we said we would take it as we could share. This brought back memories of the last time I visited on a weekend for breakfast and they didn't have rye bread and other normal breakfast food I requested. According to the waitress the owner went away and there were out of lots of things. The pizza was $12.99 and the toppings $1.59 each but fresh basil counted as 2 toppings and was $3.18 which I thought was excessive as there really wash't that much on there. My friend got a tiny little bowl of ice cream for dessert for $4.99 and it was old and had ice chunks in it. Oh yes, almost forgot the fountain diet coke tasted nothing like diet coke. The waitress was very nice and accommodating. I will not be back to dine.
Years ago this bar use to be the cleanest bar in Ontario...not so now. Not very clean and the hanging beads and icicle lights were tacky to say the least.
I was very disappointed.

Reviewed 22 November 2014

This neighbourhood "watering hole" is located in a building that is over 160 years old! It has always been a Hotel servicing the stage coaches arriving in town. To-day it is local bar/restaurant that specializing in Cajun food, although they have a varied menu that offers more traditional food The Hotel no longer exists,as the upper floor has been turned into apartments.They offer more than just food, as the have trivia nights, karaoke night, and and live music nights. I find the food quite delicious, and they have daily specials almost every day, with Wing Night being Mondays, and Thursdays. Kent, the owner, and his brother Joe always manage to stop for a minute to say hello,regardless how busy they are. The walls and rafters are decorates with Mardi Gras masks, and beads,and there are old musical instruments located around the room. For a good night out, with the feeling of New Orleans, you can't go wrong here. Jerry Paris Ontario

2  Thank jerry l