“Omakase”

Soul Stone Sushi Grill and Bar
Ranked #7 of 3,001 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: USD 12 - USD 39
Description: We are an intimate chef owned and operated 60 seats restaurant specializing in Japanese, Thai, and Chinese cuisine. We offer a unique blend of traditional and contemporary cooking techniques to deliver the freshest and tastiest of dishes that can't be found anywhere else. We offer Chinese, Thai, Sushi cusine Gluten free Option available
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We are regulars here for the sushi. Always good quality fish and nice preparation.

We saw on their menu that they do Omakase where the chef prepares a menu for you rather than you selecting yourself.

When you call in to book Omakase, the chef goes over your preferences and allergies. My partner has an allergy of avacado which is really hard to avoid with sushi but they did an amazing job of accommodating without it feeling like he was getting the short straw.

We were imagining more sushi but the omakase turned out to be a wide sampling of their Asian fusion menu which was probably better for our wallets as it probably would have been much more costly as it already is. We walked away SO VERY FULL because the food was amazing anyways and there were dishes I would never think to order there.

The meal included appetizers, one round of sashimi, then main course and dessert.

It was a cool experience!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

We had visited Soul Stone once before on a Saturday night and experienced their full menu items, and were not disappointed. We went this time on a Sunday, and learned that they have a Sampler Menu on Sundays and throughout the week. It is an all you can eat TAPAS style ordering, and it was beyond belief. The portion sizes were perfect, the price was awesome and the service was beyond compare. This by far has become our "Go to" restaurant, and I highly recommend it for a quaint evening out, with the opportunity to try a variety of really good sushi, Thai and Japanese foods.

2  Thank billy b
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Unfortunately, as with so may other restaurants, once these guys build a reputation they become stingy. Portions are smaller (I know this because I kept containers from previous orders and the ones I had last night were considerably smaller) and they cut back on ingredients (there is supposed to be more than one piece of chicken in a chicken pad Thai!).
Too bad because this was a gem in Orleans......was!

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Going in the restaurant the decoration and ambiance are quite nice as they complement the cuisine. The staff are also super nice and helpful. The food however was okay at best. We tried a few things from the menu and although nothing tasted "bad" per se, but also nothing left us satisfied with out meal. I gave this place a try twice, and doubt I'll be giving them a third chance.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch with my spouse.

Excellent food, fresh and tasty and very good service. Portion size allows you to try many things from the menu and share them with your partner. Items are varied Chinese, Thai and Japanese. Smaller restaurant but wasn't crowded and no wait. Good selection of choices which make me want to go back - and I will.