“Pleasantly Surprised”

Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 2,963 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: USD 6 - USD 25
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Delivery
Description: Award-winning buffet featuring delicious Chinese, Canadian, and International dishes - all prepared fresh daily. Serving over 100 all-you-can-eat items including soups, salads, sushi, grilled items, hot entrees, and desserts. Also offering a-la-carte, take-out and delivery.
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Went to a Mandarin restaurant for the first time on Friday. I went with a couple of friends from work who rave about it, so I thought I should check it out. I don't normally enjoy large loud family restaurants but from the moment I entered, I felt this was different. It was still kind of loud but they were playing soft Chinese-themed music. It was large but the dining sections are split up into smaller cozier rooms. And it was obviously a family restaurant but I like finding those too for when your family visits and you want to go out to dinner. I was impressed with the greeting at the door, the instructions on where everything was located and the efficient and professional service throughout. The décor was bright and interesting with an Asian touch. What about the food? You choose your own meal, buffet style. I was afraid that it would be all greasy noodles and there were some of those but there was a good salad bar, red meat station, chicken dishes, seafood (including a big pile of crab's legs) and many varieties of Asian dishes with meat and vegetables or vegetarian. The dessert bar was extensive! I found the dishes to be good-tasting and fresh and I wouldn't have expected much more.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

the staff was polite and accommodating the food was excellent the crabs legs where the best the mosphere was pleasant cant say enough was really impress cant wait to go back

1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

My first trip here I was really disappointed, so I had low expectations this time around.

The quality of the food was much better this time, with some dishes actually being good enough to want second portions. Some items were still not good - but fewer than before.

1  Thank BROWMI
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Went to this location recently and found that the food quality can be better, seems not as fresh as before. If want to have BBQ ribs at lunch, now can only get them during weekend lunch hours. Need to ask the waiters to refill the water. Still it is all you can eat at a fixed rate and dessert selections is great as usual.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My husband and I go every few months... and every time, the manager has been to our table to greet us, and asks how our visit has been so far. He's given us his card on a few occasions.