“Amazing Ethiopian, Amazing Value”

D'Afrique restaurant & bar
Ranked #1,049 of 2,952 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

This is a fantastic place to eat if you are looking for something tasty, healthy, and soulful. Great vegetarian options as well.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

My sister and I went to lunch here one day for the best food ever and the service was incredible the chef came out and explained the dishes before preparing them, served and gave us details about the origins of the food. They had another event later in the day but could not contact us to cancel our reservations but served us unhurried in an otherwise empty restaurant. WE Were very Impressed !!!

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Just had a take out of their platter that had a mix of rice, vegetables, lentils, some meat and their special bread. A bit on spicy side but not so much that we couldnt enjoy the flavors. The quantity is reasonable and so is the price. Overall a different but good experience.

Reviewed 9 December 2015

This place has only been opened 3 months and I guess it's trying to get itself known and reviewed. We were there mid week and it was quiet. On the weekends, there is live music and the famous coffee ceremony's which have to be seen and experienced. I can imagine the ambience at this time would be great. The decor is very traditional which adds to the overall experience.
We ordered a vegetarian platter for 2 and added a side order of Tibbs and this was fine for 3 not very hungry people. The Ingera was fresh and the flavours authentic. Sadly there was no Ethiopian coffee on offer the evening we went as they save this for the ceremonies on the weekend.
If you are in downtown, then it's in an excellent location. Would go again if I came back to Ottawa.

Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

I read about this restaurant from a Facebook celiac group. So I decided to give it a shot. I love Ethiopian food, and always want to find a good one in Ottawa. I guess I found it.

The restaurant is located in the basement. There are about 10 tables total, and lots of rooms to walk around. The menu is very simple.

Since I am a celiac, I always ask what is gluten free on the menu. They said, everything. The ingera and everything on the menu.

So we decide to order the combination platter, a little bit of everything. The platter comes with beef, chicken, lamb, and lots of vegetables using some really flavourful spices, and the platter covers with wonderful injera.

If you want some wonderful African, better yet Ethiopian food, this is the place.

I love this place, and I will definitely go back again.