“made large takeout order and food was very bland”
Review of Jadeland

Jadeland
Ranked #327 of 3,112 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Our order consisted of 5 different dishes and 4 of which we have tried before and the flavors were missing ,this was an expensive order and very disappointing to pay so much and get so little

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Don't miss this authentic Chinese restaurant in Ottawa. While staying nearby on our trip we walked here for a group dinner, had the best service and friendly staff. The food was sooo good! Real Chinese food, not just the "Canadian Chinese food" you get at Marigold.
I strongly recommend the spring rolls, won ton soup, lemon chicken, szechaun beef! We had something else with mushrooms and veggies which was relish but forget the name now, however be sure to ask for Chinese mushrooms they are really good.
Everything we ate was great!

Don't miss out here!

Reviewed 4 May 2017

As a first-time visitor to Ottawa and being particular about my Chinese food (since I'm Chinese), I'm always unsure of how authentic a restaurant will be. Looking inside a restaurant's door will usually reveal it: if there are many Asians inside, then, in all likelihood, the food will be or can be authentic. Sorry if this comment provokes any strong feelings.

We were not disappointed! We had curried beef brisket hot pot, snow pea shoots in garlic sauce and salt and pepper shrimp in the shell plus a bowl of rice. Extremely tasty, not greasy and highly comparable in quality and taste to Chinese food in Richmond, BC (which has a very high percentage of Asian population).

The service was quick, attentive and friendly; our servers even spoke Toysun, which is my parental dialect. I queried and found out they even have all-day dim sum so we will return on another day.

2  Thank KentWong405
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Consistent perfectly cooked flavourful dishes from extensive menu. Love the beef & crab soup [add chili & soy sauce to taste. Fried pepper tofu is the best anywhere. Garlic snow tips & fresh whole fish always available. Always a daily board of fresh items. Family run with warm service.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

I went to Jadeland in my previous Ottawa trip. Hoping their standard hasn't dropped, so I went there during my April business trip.

Wow~the food is just as good, large portion (last me 3 meals, and I'm a big eater), and service got even better!

Payment: they accept credit card and cash

I overheard servers checking with customers (both English and Chinese ones, including me) "where did you park? There's free parking in the back. Street spots outside the entrance are fined". Trust me, Chinese servers are poorly paid, and culturally only provide fast service without socializing/ smile. They are nice and caring staff, just 2 servers, but very efficient and nice.

Appetizer: fried crab claw $5, real crab claw, not simulated meat. Nice snack. You'd have spent $10 at western restaurant.

Main dish: Szechuan province style stir fried eggplants with minced pork in fish sauce, plenty of eggplants, not stingy at all, and purple veggies are good for you (^__^) the $12.50 dish comes as a 8" round casserole! The $1.75 "single bowl of steamed rice" comes as a wooden 6" bowl! I'm taking these back to hotel (^O<)

Beverage: complimentary generic black tea, as culturally authentic restaurants show courtesy to their customers. I also ordered a soy drink. $2 gets me about 300mL+

They packed my leftovers, and asked if I need utensils. I said I've got some at the hotel.

Rest rooms aren't spotless, as most Chinatown restaurants' common weakness, but there are paper towels, spare chairs to put down your belongings. The floor and toilet bowl are relatively clean.

Lighting, air conditioning and seating are comfortable, not luxurious of course. There are coat hangers and an aquarium inside. The free parking lot behind the restaurant consist of 8 spaces.

Before I left, there's a family of 8 coming to have dinner at a big round table. I'm sure they'll enjoy their dinner.

1  Thank ThYeung