“Very nice sushi nigiri and tempura”

Genji Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #148 of 2,962 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: USD 20 - USD 25
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 September 2016

We stopped in for lunch and had a very nice meal: well flavoured miso soup, nicely dressed salad and very tasty sushi and tempura. Some of the best we can remember having for quite a while. And the wasabi was the real deal!

2  Thank M_and_M006

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

I have gone twice now and have been so impressed with this little gem!
The server assisted me both times and remembered me (months after my first visit) and remembered my drink order!
For a seemingly mom-and-pop kind of place, it is a really valued touch!

Portions are HUGE for Asian cuisine and outrageously inexpensive.

Real treat!

5  Thank Abbey C
Reviewed 12 September 2016

My family tried this japanese restaurant and we have mixed feelings about it. The appetizers of dried tofu and baby octopus were fine but expensive. Some of our entrees - hot-plate seafood, unagi and grilled salmon were okay but the grilled miso cod was simply too salty plus the fact that the pieces of cod were not flaky (an indication of unfresh fish). We told the server when we couldn't continue to eat the salty cod but was promptly told that no one had complained before. The server did not ask to replace the dish Immediately and did not feel apologetic to give any discount for a dismal dinner. We will not go back again and feel that we have to share this incident with others.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

It was so hard to choose from the extensive menu. I wanted to try everything! I will definitely return so that I can try more of their excellent food. Everything was fresh, and made to order. The service was friendly and the atmosphere was great. I can't believe more people haven't raved about this place. The food presentation was beautiful too. I will be back for sure.

4  Thank TrezzR
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

We have eaten at Genji many times and it's food is fresh and beautifully presented. The service is charming! Its consistency is one of the many reasons we return on a frequent basis.

1  Thank ottawa198