“One of the best! ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Did some research online and turns out this place was right across our hotel. Serendipity! We received a warm greeting at this charming restaurant and were shown to our table, past the impressive sushi bar featuring sushi floating boats. We could see the expert sushi chef from our table. We started off with drinks - a plum wine spritzer and hot sake. Both excellent. All of the food we ordered was fresh, flavourful and expertly prepared... miso, gyozas, tempura, chicken kara-age, yakitori and high quality sushi (nigiri and kamikaze rolls) with perfectly acidified rice served at body temperature (as it should be). Service was friendly and efficient.

1  Thank PB&PA

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Let’s be clear. I have eaten my fair share of sushi. I have never had such amazing sushi! The sashimi was generous, the sushi rice was actually delicious. The staff were incredibly attentive. The atmosphere was also wonderful!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I have been going to this place for years. They have the best tempura and karaage I have found anywhere in Ottawa. The sushi is also great along with many of their appetizers. The food is pretty good overall, but there are a few things that I'm not a fan of, particularly the teriyaki dishes. They had a change in the head chef a few years ago and find it not to be as good as it was before. They also sell their delicious house dressing to take home as well. I recommend the tempura, karaage (deep fried chicken), hotategai (scallops), beef tataki (seared raw beef),and any sushi item. The staff are very kind and attentive. The building itself is also gorgeous, particularly in the basement if you make a group booking for a tatami room. They make a lot of things in house which is great. It is on the pricier side of similar choices in Ottawa. Parking during weekdays/peak hours on the street is near impossible but at night and on weekends it's not too bad. There are a few paid lots nearby as well.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I went based on the recommendation of a Japanese woman new to Ottawa. I wasn’t disappointed, that’s for sure!

The decor is really fun. Lots of Japanese flair that flirts with quaint and kitch without being tacky.

The tempura (veg and seafood) is among the best I’ve ever had. Perfectly cooked, not greasy and just a thin crispy coating. The kamikaze roll is awesome. The ginger salad dressing is so, so good (and can be bought in take-away tubs). The agedashi tofu is perfection. If you get sushi/sashimi ask for extra ginger — it has an intense ginger flavour without the aspartame aftertaste that store-bought ginger usually has. All in all, a great find in Ottawa. I look forward to going back to discover more options.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Stayed in downtown area and on a cold snowy night wanted to eat dinner in a restaurant near our hotel. Options seemed pretty mediocre until we found C'est Jason a Suisha. Sashimi was quite good, a generous assortment for the price. It came with very good miso soup. We ordered a Suisha Roll, which was okay but made with too much rice for the amount of filling. The restaurant is very pretty and the service was great. Would go back again, maybe tomorrow if it snows again.