1,155 results
All reviewshotel indigoparliament hilldowntown ottawabyward marketparking garagefront desk stafftim hortonslocation is greatrideau canalcorner roomsparks streetnational gallerymini fridgecoffee makeratriumlobbywallpaper
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights this Easter and I couldn't have asked for a better time.
I loved the boutique look of the place, everything was neat and tidy and our room was great. We picked a corner room which has windows on 2 sides giving us a good view and although we were near the street, it was very quiet.
The staff was so friendly and accommodating. Special thanks to Kevin and Lily for the time they spent making sure everything was just right.
We took advantage of their 5.00 voucher for forgoing room service a day but if you need things like towels or trash changed, its no problem.
Parking is a little tight, but considering its downtown, not surprising. If you have a bigger vehicle, best to park up top.
The short 15 min walk to the Rideau Center down Wellington was simple and enjoyable. Location is great.

This was an important weekend for us to get away and relax. It was also my wife's birthday so we wanted to indulge a bit. I am please The Metcalfe could be a part of it the experience. We will remember you :)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris B
MetcalfeGM, General Manager at The Metcalfe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for choosing The Metcalfe Hotel for your weekend getaway and for the 5 Star Review Chris B! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax and enjoy your wife's birthday! Your comments have been shared with Kevin and Lily and the rest of the team. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stay at the Metcalfe hotel for three days and we loved it. The building is an historic monument and is very charming. The staff is really nice. You can eat at The Rox, the restaurant of the hotel which serves great breakfast.

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank Thomas L

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Ottawa and for the 5 star review Thomas L! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay from the atmosphere to the staff to our restaurant. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Boutique hotel with a great location downtown. However travelling with an 8 month old while my Husband was at a conference made it very difficult with self parking under another hotel and no help with getting your bags to and from. I should have done more research and realized it would be very inconvenient with a babe to stay here. Hallway noise led to difficult sleeps for her as well. The restaurant did not have a high chair however they delivered one quickly from another hotel. They must have just had their morning rush though because every table was dirty during our breakfast. A plus is that they actually have rollaway cribs, which is rare. We should have spent a bit more to stay at the Westin or Fairmont. All in all though, thankfully it was only one of the nights while we were in Ottawa.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us NLM8883. Please accept my sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory stay you had with us. Our goal is to deliver an inspired stay experience and I am disappointed this was not the case for you. The feedback we receive from our guests allows us to continuously improve upon our product and service. Should you wish to discuss your experience with me directly I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you and can be reached by calling the hotel directly at 613.231.6555 or by email at gm@themetcalfehotel.com.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed myself anyone who goes should try there wings there massive and juicy :) I also had steak was amazing! Defiantly go there again! Would like to say thank you to the chef well done :) ❤️❤️❤️

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rothwell_n

Thank you for the 5 star review rothwell_n! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and your experience in The Rox. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We had a fantastic experience at the Metcalfe and would recommend it to everyone. The hotel was in a great location, very central to the city. It was nice to be so close to the Parliment Buildings. The staff was exceptional and very attentive, from giving recommendations as to where to eat and what to do, to making sure we had everything we needed. Shirley, one to the women at the front desk was so personable, lovely and friendly. She made us feel so welcomed, and my daughter loved her. Every time my daughter walked in, she chatted with her about what she did. My daughter did not want to leave because of Shirley, and this hotel was in perfect walking distance to everything. We will be coming back to Ottawa in the future and will be staying here for sure!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 905Kristin

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Ottawa and for the 5 Star review 905Kristin! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! We have an amazing team here at The Metcalfe including Shirley who is great with our guests. I am not surprised your daughter loved her :)! Your comments have been shared with Shirley and her team! We look forward to seeing you back again soon!