“Worth the drive ”

Sambuza Village
Ranked #1,188 of 2,952 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: African
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Forget about the usual samosas you know. The samosas at Sambuza Village is the best in town. It's a family run business. Other food are excellent too. Try the rice and stew also the sweet bread. I drive 30 min just to buy for take out.

2  Thank Renny H
Reviewed 29 May 2015 via mobile

This was my second time at Sambuza Village and I could not be more impressed. I happened to go at a bad time (15 minutes before closing) and the owners were more than happy to still serve me even though the food would be ready as the store would be closed and they actually allowed me to sit and eat my delicious food in the restaurant as they closed up! Not only that but they engaged in friendly conversation as they cleaned up and as I ate, which made for a very nice experience. The food was amazing, the whole menu is completely home made. If you're in the area, do yourself a favor and try this restaurant.. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

2  Thank TheAl3x
Reviewed 2 November 2014

The place is run by a good brother and his family. He treats his guests well. We were a couple and we had an excellent time. Food is amazing. Private places to sit and pray also. Make sure to try the chicken breast and rice.

1  Thank Rafae L
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Awesome food. My fav is the Chicken Sambuza, rice, stew.. Well pretty much everything. Owner is super friendly and funny. I drive from Barrhaven just to eat there. Hidden gem.

3  Thank BeKD