Stayed here for 4 days. We had a two bedroom suite. The suite was very clean and tidy. The furnishings were old and very very dated. Beds were comfy.
We brought a DVD player so that we could watch some DVDs. It turned out that the TVs do not allow for any external hookups, so we had to pay $5 per night for the hotel's DVD player and hookup. Not a big deal, but kind of a hassle.
Internet is wireless which is nice. Speed was fast.
Parking was $21 per day which seemed steep, even for Ottawa. After we'd paid, we saw that many of the lots surrounding the hotel were $13 per day.
Good amount of space and great location. Don't know if we'll return though, decor was really shabby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Cartier Place Suite Hotel was honoured with the 2016 Service Excellence Award from major online travel websites. The hotel has also a 3 Green Key eco-rating. Proud to be family owned and operated, the hotel is a short walk to Parliament Hill, the Ottawa Convention Center, the ByWard Market and City Hall. You will find our pet friendly accommodations in a quiet downtown neighborhood, located one block from the historic Rideau Canal and the trendy boutique area of Elgin Street. Always a favorite among families and business travelers alike; the hotel offers 250 spacious one and two bedroom suites, including VIP suites with Jacuzzi, Business Suites and Penthouse Hospitality Suite with a roof top patio and beautiful city views. Each suite features a full kitchen, separate bedrooms, combined living/dining area with a private balcony. Deluxe meeting and banquet facilities feature floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook our gardens. Guests may also enjoy the games room, children's playroom and the only downtown hotel with a private outdoor garden patio complete with playground and shuffleboard court. The indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, exercise room and the friendly atmosphere all contribute to a memorable stay. Whatever the reasons for your stay, there's flexibility and a willingness to meet your needs at the Cartier Place Suite Hotel. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, as soon as you step in the door, you will know you are welcome. Suite dreams await you... here." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cartier Place Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cartier Place Hotel Ottawa
- Cartier Place Suite Ottawa
- Hotel Cartier Place Suite