“Nice pub but needs lighting”
Review of Barley Mow Pub

Barley Mow Pub
Ranked #809 of 3,144 Restaurants in Ottawa
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Love the Monday fish and chips. Also Thursday's Wings.
Staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the food and drink menu's.

The only complaint is that it is too dark. As a senior, I have difficulty reading the menu.
Especially the gantry. It's far too dark. I couldn't read the choices of spirits available. I have often overhead other customers making the same concern.
Please put some additional lighting.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

This is located close to our offices so we frequent it quite regularly. Standard pub fair, service is great and we have never had an issue getting a table.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I enjoy the ambiance of this location and when my husband said they have a New Year's Eve special I was all for it.

We arrived early and had a lovely and very efficient waitress (sorry I did not ask the name) to attend to us. The manager Alex came over and was very helpful as well.

The special was above my expectations! Very reasonable price for what we received. Much better than anything from the downtown area.

The cooks at this location are amazing!!! Loved the appetizer platter ( this could have been the entire meal - huge platter with large selection ranging from smoked salmon to beef and goat cheese) the main course was another wide selection and the dessert was fabulous. We had cheese cake and chocolate cake - both with ice cream.

We will be back.

Thank you so much!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Went there after reading the good reviews here on Trip Advisor and they are right! Great staff, reasonable prices, good food and a nice place to sit down with friends and have a conversation without the music overpowering the atmosphere. Recommended to everyone!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I recently had lunch with a friend at the Barley Mow Pub on Merivale Road. It is a beautiful pub. The wings and fries were good.