“Pho Bac - a perennial favourite”
Review of Pho Bac

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pho Bac
Ranked #1,690 of 3,001 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We've been going to Pho Bac since my son was in a high chair. It is far from the fanciest restaurant in town but the atmosphere is inviting, the service extraordinarily friendly and the food is truly wonderful.

In fact, if I call in for a take out order and forget one of my customary dishes (or order fewer items if the kids are away) I'll get a "only 2 soups?" kind of question.

If you like great food served in an unpretentious environment for a very reasonable price this is the place to go.

Reviewed 11 November 2008

I have never tasted Spring Rolls as good as Pho Bac's, and they are huge compared to what I have tasted in other Vietnamese establishments. When we go to Pho's we order #24. It is a bowl of Vermicelli with strips of carrot and cucumber with bbq'd pork and a Spring Roll on top. Ask your server to give you lean pork, as sometimes the pork can be a bit fatty. We also add an order of 4 Spring Rolls to go with our meal, because they are so good that the one that comes in your bowl is not enough. The fish sauce is home made, and excellent. The restaurant could use a renovation, but staff are very friendly, and the service is quick.

1  Thank moongirl2659
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 5 March 2008

A dive...but man can they make killer soup and spring rolls!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook