All reviews rooms are small king street central location free wifi parking garage waffles downtown area street noise stay there again lots of variety first floor bed was very comfortable complimentary breakfast sausage arena bands furnishings
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel looks old and tired from the outside, and not much better once you step inside. However, it was a pleasant surprise to find that the rooms are updated and, although small, they have everything you’ll need for a comfortable stay. The Wifi is good, and the hotel is located near lots of restaurants (recommend Avanti Trattoria just down the street).

We were only there for one night, and unfortunately there was a sports team staying there too so we were treated to slamming doors and loud voices until almost midnight. We called the front desk at 10:30pm and they did ask the group to keep it down, but it only helped temporarily.

Otherwise though, the room was clean and the shower was the best one I’ve had out of 7 hotels on my trip. The front desk staff are great. I can’t comment on the complimentary breakfast as we left early.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

So after a long day of travelling we arrived at this flea pit. After thankfully getting the last parking space at the rear of the property. This prize however didn’t come without consequence, it attracted comment from other guests who felt that they were entitled to the space (even once we had unpacked our bags etc from the boot).

We had to walk around the block to enter the hotel. This was the one place I had hoped the front desk staff would say “Sorry Sir, we don’t have your reservation.”

We booked this hotel via Hotwire so we had hoped that we would have got one of the holiday inn’s nearby. No such luck, we got this place.

Check in was fine, we got the first room just behind the check in desk. This meant that we heard every single noise of people coming and going all night long, and all the noisy suitcases shaking our floor and the loud conversations that come with visiting this place!

The room itself smelt of damp and was very dirty. I can tell that no cleaning had been done since the last guest left as they had left plenty of hairs in the bed, shower and floor, some of which were pubic hairs - hmmmm nice.
All the furnishings were dusty, and the curtains didn’t even shut. Which wasn’t a problem as there was no natural day light anyway. The curtains were mouldy with dust and damp.

I heard a dog barking all night, and baby’s crying. I have the distinct feeling that this hotel provides rooms by the hour- if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I’m disappointed at myself for booking this place and even more disappointed with Hotwire for sending me here. I would never bring my kids to a place like this and hope that I don’t have to relive this dreadful experience again anytime soon. The bath isn’t big enough for an adult to use and is more suitable to bathing an infant.

Whenever someone walked past our room, the floorboards would shake in our room too, instantly waking us. That is, assuming that you managed to get to sleep at all. The music from the bar next door is also deafening. This went on until 2am and all you could feel was the bass shaking the walls- it was truly a dreadful evening.

The next day I had a sore throat and blocked nose, presumably caused by the dust.

If you’re considering staying here with the intention of actually sleeping or staying clean. Please look for another place. If you’re intending to bring the bit on the side out for a night - enjoy!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Was a really good stay staff was friendly and responsive. We enjoyed the provided breakfast and the area is great for exploring. We over all had a great time only complaint we would have is lack of pillows there was only three.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Erum K, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oshawa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear CRGD97,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
When you stay with us in the future, please feel free to inform our staff of anything you may need to help make your stay more enjoyable and we will do our best to accommodate you.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 October 2018

I didn’t realize this is right in the heart of downtown. The staff was wonderful and while the room was smaller than average it was clean. I wasn’t comfortable with the brick wall for a view out the window. My main concern was the fact if the hallway catches fire, you’d be trapped in your room.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hi Suec4292018,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Our location is located in the core of Downtown Oshawa, which makes it a convenient walk to shopping, restaurants, and shows. This information can be found online as well.

We have fire exits on both sides of each hallway with detailed plans through out the hotel, and in guest rooms available to all our guests. I do sincerely apologize if we were not able to make you feel comfortable while you were here, however we are up to date with all our codes and inspections, and comply with all City of Oshawa standards.

We do also have rooms on the ground floor closer to exits for future stays. If there is anything I can personally do for you in the future please feel free to reach out.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

We should have taken the lobby, with its patched cement entrance and locked door, as a warning. Inside a couple of uncomfortable lime green chairs failed to perk up the drab reception area. Harsh lighting, enameled steel doors and flattened carpeting dominated the hallways. The room itself looked tired and less than clean, so we propped our suitcases off the floor to prevent any attacks by bugs or germs. (One normally does not do that in a decent hotel!) Next morning, the final disappointment came in the form of a shower which would not heat up. (Cold showers are acceptable in camp grounds, but tepid showers are totally not acceptable in hotels!) To be fair, the breakfast was decent, although housed in a windowless basement. And the staff were kind and helpful... it was just too bad they had little with which to work. La Quinta's motto, "Wake up on the sunny side", definitely did not apply here. The chain might want to reconsider this franchise.

Room tip: I can't recommend this hotel. If you need a place to stay, it will do "in a pinch".
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Losdosgringos2015,

Our apologies if you did not like the décor or the lighting in the hotel. Our rooms are very clean and we have fantastic staff willing to work as hard as we need to in order to ensure all our guests have a good experience.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.