“My girls loved it!!”

Wimpy's Diner
Ranked #139 of 424 Restaurants in Oshawa
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I took my daughter and her best friend there last night, and it was the first time either of them had been to a Wimpy's Diner. The loved the decor and neither of them had seen a juke box before, so they were really excited about that. The food was exactly as I remembered it from 20 years ago in Peterborough. I'm still not hungry this morning. The waitress was friendly and very accommodating. A great place for families!

Reviewed 29 March 2017

My friend and I went into this Wimpy's location today (Mar. 28,17) at 7p.m. We've never been to this location before. The server was really nice and the food was good. When we were leaving the waitress and the cook said "Have a great evening". It's nice to go to a restaurant with great customer service. We're definitely going back to this location.

1  Thank jwilmillenia
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

First time having dinner, usually have breakfast at Wimpy's. Thought the prices were a little pricey, the burgers did not come with combo deals, fries and drink can be added to the burger for extra money. We ordered 3 burger combos, chicken souvaki dinner, and breakfast combo. Portions were big, the burgers had unique shape but tasted average, had better burgers elsewhere. The chicken souvaki was good, no problems with portion and quality. Breakfast combo was huge, didn't really like their peameal bacon, tasted funny and was dried out. In general for all the price was $80.00 a little bit higher then expected, portions were good size but generally lacked in taste. Probably would not have dinner there again. Breakfast is a better deal.

1  Thank Edward C
Reviewed 14 September 2016

I use to go to this place years ago and the food was amazing. I decided to give it a go again. This time ordering a burger and fries. I found the burger to be blah tasting and the fries to be way under cooked. The portion was a good size but who really wants a large amount of blah tasting food. Well waiting for my food i noticed the cook picking up the phone handling food then picking up the phone without washing hands. I can only imagine how much bacteria is on that thing. Needless to say i will never be going back there.

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Believe it or not this place makes very tasty food - large portions! My favourite would be there Greek souvlaki dinner. There salad is huge and actually very good. Lots of options & daily specials. You will be surprised!

1  Thank beverlystpierre

Been to Wimpy's Diner? Share your experiences!