All reviews pool and hot tub waffles room was clean hard boiled eggs checking in check in was quick easy access comfortable stay one night stay whitby cereal rates microwave washroom canada
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Everything was great except when we went to use the indoor pool (we were tokd the night previous it would be open) it was closed for cleaning of the deck which I feel should've been done before the opening time. And my kids were very upset they couldn't go swimming.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

First night of first ever visit to Canada. On the positive side reception staff and cleaners were friendly and it’s close to highway 401. But that’s about it, our room smelt damp and was very dated. Noisy neighbours. Breakfast very basic, on throw away plates with plastic cutlery. Wouldn’t stay again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 583simone
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Building is in desperate need of a major overhaul. For the price you expect better. Our bathroom wasn't very clean, shower was dirty and there were multiple hairs around. It was the kind of bathroom where you feel you should wear shoes.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We decided to stay in the area after visiting the Toronto Zoo with our 4 and 6 year old daughters. This hotel was in the area so we figured we'd give it a shot.

Check in was very pleasant. The attendant Elizabeth was very nice. I was the only one to be checking in at the time and she literally had her hands full taking 2 calls at the same time (I am not joking, she had one phone receiver on each ear), balancing both calls, and still helped check me in and was very nice about it.

We stayed in room 200 which is right upstairs around the corner from the elevator. The room and hotel were very convenient. The ice machine was right outside our door and I had to run to Walmart to grab something which is right around the corner about 1 km away. I even saw a bowling alley down the street (didn't check it out).

The kids liked the pool. It is well maintained and in good shape. They were well stocked on towels there.

The only downside was that the hotel is a little older and could use some improvements. The rooms are a little dated and the elevator makes some noises. It worked but I worried if the door was going to open. in the end that didn't matter since the stairs were nearby and it didn't take much effort to go up one flight to our room. For the price, I won't be too critical. I will take service over modern any day.

The breakfast was OK. They had hard boiled eggs, waffles (which all kids love), sausage links, yogurt, muffins, plain cereals (nothing kids would like - raisin bran, corn flakes, rice crispies), oatmeal in a crock pot with toppings like cinnamon and brown sugar, apple/orange juice, coffee, cheesy bagels, jams/cream cheese, croissants, and apples. My only suggestion would be to add some more fresh fruit for variety. Overall if was enough to get us going.

We would stay here again. Thanks for the hospitality.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We were staying for one night and then driving to Toronto as we had to be at a major hospital at 0800, which was right in the middle of rush hour. We decided to overnight in Whitby and get a head start at 0530 to avoid some of the rush hour. We were glad that we did. Our room was beyond our expectations. I had booked a room with two beds in it and were we surprised to have received a room with two bedrooms. It was perfect for us. I was traveling with a male companion (friend) and this suited our needs perfectly. Check in at reception was a breeze with a very friendly young lady. Unfortunately we left very early in the morning so we could not enjoy the good breakfast that I have enjoyed on previous occasions. I will be back. Thank you so much.

Room tip: Room 302 Two bedrooms and a kitchenette.
Date of stay: June 2018