“Good service, great food, Owner hands on”
Review of Johnny's

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Vanier
Reviewed 12 February 2017

I have been to Johnny's many times over the years and the food and Johnny's hands on service has never let me down. Today I took my son, just arrived from Toronto and a world traveler, so he is use to great food. He ordered the Saturday special roast beef sandwich with soup and dipping sauce. I ordered my usual Chicken Souvlaki with rice and all the works. My son said it was the best beef vegetable soup he had ever had, and the portion sizes were so big we had to take our meals home with us. I find the Chicken Souvlaki and lots of great Teriyaki Sauce the best in town... Johnny served us personally. Get family restaurant. You know it is good food for great prices when most of the clients have white hair :)

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Owner gave me a free breakfast voucher because they were out of a menu item. I thought cool.
what a good business move keeping customers happy. Boy was I in for a surprise.

Brought my girlfriend there thinking it would be a cheap outing for the two of us because I had a free breakfast voucher.

We both ordered breakfast and in my estimation one of the breakfast meals should have been covered. I submitted the voucher and they did not adjust the price. That was 6 months ago and I have not been back.
Whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

Disappointing experience.

Not recommended by me.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

This diner has been here forever and it's for a reason. The food is very good and the portions are in line with prices.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

Wife and I stopped for dinner as a tryout as we have come by before but not stopped.

Specials everyday - but seemed pricey for being a special.

Had the beef liver with bacon and onions and fries - done well and fries were OK beets were a great surprise as a side. Special on Sundays @ 13.75

Spouse had 10 Pierogies with bacon and onions @ 14.25 which were very good but pricey.

Overall we will try this restaurant again to see if other dishes are as good.

1  Thank TangoForFun
Reviewed 14 December 2016

This place is a great little diner! Excellent food! Very nice staff! Clean, and family friendly. This is the local spot where the Durham Regional Police stop in for there breakfast! Very yummy! Go check it out if you like the old small town diner feel!