“A must try!”

Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

One of my all time favourites! Renovations have added a beautiful update to the dining experience.
Owners are amazing, always doing table checks and treating guests like family. Servers are highly professional, the wine list is extensive and has something for everyone. The Chilean sea bass is to die for!!

Kasia W, Manager at Trattoria Timone, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hi Chef Danny,

Thank you so much for the amazing review, we truly appreciate the kind words and you're exactly right we want all of our customers to feel like family. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We have been there several times and have enjoyed good food and service from experienced, consistent staff.

Kasia W, Manager at Trattoria Timone, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for your amazing review, we really appreciate your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We tried Trattoria Timone once a few years ago for my birthday and it was a disappointment. We decided to try it again on my birthday this year and was pleasantly surprised. We did not make a reservation since it was on a Monday. We had no problem getting a table, but, the restaurant was fairly full and lively at 7:00 p.m. My husband had tortellini lamb ragu which he liked. I had a beet salad which was very fresh and tasty. My main course was angel hair pasta with grilled shrimps. It was one of the most delicious pasta dishes that I have ever had. The pasta was done in perfection; it was accompanied with thinly sliced zucchini with lots of garlic flavor. The grilled shrimps were tender and succulent. We had Chianti with our meal which worked well with both dishes. Very satisfied with the meal and the service, will definitely return before my next birthday.

Thank you so much for your review. We are so sorry to hear that your first experience with us was so disappointing but we are thrilled to hear you decided to give us another chance and you really enjoyed your experience with your husband. We hope to see you again soon and Happy Birthday!!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

This is something large restaurant in a shopping complex in Oakville...I was not in anticipation of a gourmet meal. But it was very very good...prices are fine dining...so no deals as such but good food and service...home made gnocchi. With shrimps $28.00 and individual. Pizza both delicious..are close to $50.00 with no appetizer.

Kasia W, Manager at Trattoria Timone, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for the amazing review, we really appreciate the positive feedback and most of all thrilled to see you enjoyed the food! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We celebrated 2 birthdays and had a great meal...as usual! The crab cakes and lobster bisque were delicious. Our mains were lobster ravioli, jumbo seafood ravioli and short ribs with mushroom risotto. All were so good but my husband says the ribs+risotto was one of the best meals he's ever enjoyed! We shared the pecan tart and tartufo for dessert. Everything is fresh and piping hot. Now for the negative: our reservation was for 6:30 and had a 2 hr window for dinner. So, I understand that the servers are under pressure to make that happen but we felt rushed from the moment we arrived. The pacing of the meal needs some work. Mains came moments after apps. Moments after our mains while we were still finishing our glass of wine, complimentary desserts with a candle arrived for 2/3 of us. Nice touch but I still wanted dessert! Plates were removed as each of us finished instead of waiting for all to complete their meal. It's a little awkward for the one diner still eating. We've dined here many times and this is the first time that we felt so rushed!

1  Thank Carole O

Hi Carole,

Thank you so much for the amazing review, we really appreciate the kind words. Happy to hear you enjoyed the food from beginning to end. We do have the two hour time limit for Friday and Saturday evenings, but anything booked 7:00 onwards you can stay for the entire night, I'm not sure if whoever booked you gave you that option. I do apologize the evening felt rushed, we try to make sure guests don't feel rushed at all. With the exception of that, I am so happy to see everything went well and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Happy Birthday to the two birthday people!!