“Amazing Bison Ribeye a la Oscar”

Jonathan's Of Oakville
Reserve with OpenTable
Jonathan's Of Oakville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 512 Restaurants in Oakville
Price range: USD 50 - USD 100
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lakeshore/Trafalgar
Transit: Five minute Taxi ride from Oakville GO & Via Rail Train station.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I had the chance to come to Jonathan‘s for a private dinner in one other larger upstairs dining rooms. The staff was very accommodating, and the food was just out right spectacular! I the warm goat cheese salad and the bison ribeye with crabmeat and hollandaise sauce. Both were incredibly exceptional, and perhaps to the finest dishes I’ve had all year. I finished with the bourbon and maple crème brûlée. Again, simply outstanding. Given the opportunity, I would come here again and again.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Disclosure....
I've been going to Jonathan's for 25 years and the bistro since it opened...must be 16 or 17 years ago.

The Bistro is hands down my favorite as I'm no real fan of starched white cloths and hushed tones.

Jonathan's Bistro is an almost perfect eating place ..wooden floors ,comfy chairs ,lovely service and reliably good and modern food.Not a white table cloth in sight (unless you peek into Jonathan's restaurant next door!!!Which is now inexplicably fully open to the bistro area.

Great buzzy atmosphere in the evening with smart casual diners or even a nice opportunity to dress up a touch.But really anything goes!!!!

Although I went for a birthday lunch today I glanced at the dinner menu mentally choosing what I would pick on an evening out.I would be spoiled for choice!!!!
Elegant creative and homey dishes to suit a bunch of people.Check them out on the menu.

Lunch today was Lobster, brie ,and asparagus souffle and a shared Caesar salad.Yummy in every way.
Bread basket used to be better.Please revive it!!!!

We shared the Creme Brulee which was lovely although I'm not a huge fan of flavoured ones and this was a slightly too sweet maple and bourbon version.

If I'm being picky its because I expect a lot from my favourite places. They have to be consistently good and delicious and fun ......and it was.

Not the cheapest but lovely for a treat , a date or an evening with friends.
A very favourite spot.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

These are the type of places that my parents used to frequent on a regular basis - to order a steak, scotch and a cigar . It's been updated, but retains that old charm.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We knew nothing of Jonathan's, and simply walked in on spec on a Saturday night, partly because it was close to where we parked. A lovely evening: we sat in the bistro, and both the food and the service were great. We would definitely go there again, even though it is pricey - well worth it, however. Also, the aforementioned parking lot is just across the street from the restaurant, and is free after 6 on weekends! Happy days.

1  Thank mlejcogs
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Gone is the sophistication and class it once boasted. A loud, drunk middle aged woman wasn't 'curbed" as she should have been. Food was mediocre at best. So long J

2  Thank TanaLeah