“Great burgers in a strip mall location, spotty service”

Tin Cup Sports Grill
Ranked #32 of 515 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Tin Cup is the original upscale sports bar. Join us for great food 7 days a week, and live music every Saturday night.
Reviewed 4 December 2015

Our visit started poorly but ended well. Here's why the start was so rocky. We entered the restaurant through the side door and found a booth in the seating area. We waited about five minutes and when no one came to greet us, one of my group went up to the bar and asked the bartender if he could send a server to us. Another five minutes passed before anyone came. When she did arrive, the server asked how we were and I said not bad, but we would have been better if we hadn't had to wait so long to even be acknowledged. Whooowee, did that comment elicit a death stare from this woman! It was a simple expression of my frustration but she was not having it. She told us we should have come in the front door and sat in the bar where we could be seen. I told her there was no signage to indicate sitting in the fully open seating area was grounds for being overlooked. She stared me down again and pivoted to leave. I told her she might consider just accepting my complaint graciously and moving on. She stormed off. That was mercifully the last we saw of her, and spent the rest of our visit being served by a manager who apologized profusely and went out of her way to treat us very well.

Tin Cup has really good burgers and imaginative salads, tons to choose from for both vegetarians and meat-eaters. This is a great spot for a big crowd with a variety of tastes who want something a notch above typical sports-bar fare.

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

I tried the Philly cheese sandwich today, the taste was very nice , the bread was amazing , would recommend anytime. Service and atmosphere were nice as a sports bar

Reviewed 29 October 2015

About two weeks ago a friend & I came here for a late lunch after sailing on Lake
Ontario all morning. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon & we decided to sit on the patio.
A friend recommended the roast beef sandwich so that's was what we both ordered accompanied by half pints of Ricker's Red. Our waitress was pleasant & prompt & both sandwiches were delivered within 15 minutes. The sandwiches were huge; the roast beef cooked to perfection, as ordered and the fries were terrific.
My only criticism was the portions; each dish could easily have fed both of us.
Notwithstanding; we ate everything.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Went there with my kids. They had a great time. Food was delicious and the service was above par. We are vegans and the restaurant gave us a number of dishes with vegan options.

Reviewed 7 October 2015

You can never go wrong with a place that serves Rolling Rock on tap! Was disappointed when my previous watering hole stopped selling it so I was more than happy to find a new spot close to home!

My friend brought me here raving about the food and I can't say he was wrong. Had the panko covered mushroom burger and yummy!

Great environment for a drink after work, hangouts with the friends and yet both chill enough and swanky enough to bring a date!